four

Steve was gone before Y/N woke up in the morning. She understood that he probably thought that was best for both of them, but she couldn't help but be a little angry at him. She went to work that day, and the weeks following, with a plastered smile on her face. She struggled to do what she had promised Steve she would do. All she wanted to do was curl up in her bed and cry until she couldn't feel anything anymore. It was her day off, and she was planning on doing just that, when a knock sounded at her door.

"Coming!" She shouted as she slowly got off her bed. The knock impatiently sounded again. "I said I'm coming!" The knock sounded for a third time just as Y/N had reached the door. She pulled it open. "I said I was coming! Couldn't you just-"

She stopped speaking at the sight before her. A large, blonde man in military uniform stood at her doorstep. Y/N studied him. He was all too familiar, yet not at the same time. When she meet his eyes, that's when she realized who was standing at her doorstep.

"Stevie?" She gasped.

"Hey, Y/N," he smiled.

"What- How- You- You're taller. An-and you-"

"I got chosen, Y/N/N. They actually chose me. And it worked."

Y/N was speechless. She turned around and began pacing around the living room, leaving the door wide open for Steve to come in. He came in and carefully shut the door. Y/N silently paced as tears formed. She wanted him to come back, she had literally prayed that they wouldn't choose him. And look what had happened? God laughed at her and made sure he became the chosen one.

"Are you going to say anything, Y/N/N?" Steve timidly asked after a few minutes of pain staking silence.

"What do you want me to say, Steve?!" Y/N stopped pacing, turned to her brother, and yelled. "Congratulations? Well, congratulations! You successfully became a science experiment and got to join the army! You get to go to Europe and be shot at! Hurray!"

"Y/N-"

"Don't, Steve. Don't try to make excuses."

"I wasn't going to make excuses. I was going to tell you that I'm actually not going to be heading into battle anytime soon."

"What?"

"They- um... they think that I should go around the country selling bonds."

"Selling bonds? Why?"

"You didn't see the paper?"

Y/N shook her head. "Haven't wanted to... I'm afraid of what it might say."

"I went after a Nazi. Saved a child. The story went Nation wide. They think that because of it, I'll be able to sell bonds."

"So... you're not going to be shot at?"

"I still want to go and fight, and if this is how I get there, I'm okay with it."

"How long will you be gone?"

"I don't know. But I got permission to take you with me. If you're willing."

Y/N sighed, running her hand over her face as she looked at the ground. "What I am suppose to do?"

"We'll find you something." Steve took a step forward. "You won't be useless. I just..." He set his now large hands on her arms, running them up and down in comfort. "I just need you there with me. I need my sister's support and I need to be able to take care of you."

"Is this because you're bigger than me now? Now that five minute difference is going to matter?" Y/N chuckled. "Yes. I'll go with you."

Steve pulled her into his arms. It was definitely going to take some time for Y/N to get used to how large Steve had become. She wrapped her arms around his large frame.