hundred three

"I can't enter your head anymore," Wanda stated, standing in front of Y/N.

Y/N had placed herself so that she wasn't seated near anyone on the quinjet. Her head snapped up at Wanda's sudden appearance.

"It's like... something wanted me in there just that once and now I'm not allowed anymore," Wanda continued. "How is that possible?"

"You show what I'm capable of," Y/N responded, quietly. "I can't freeze a whole room of super heroes. Get them to do my bidding..."

"Yes, but how? Does it have anything to do with what Thor was saying?"

"Leave her alone," Tony ordered, coming up in his Iron Man suit, helmet down.

"I'm just trying to-"

"I don't care what you're trying to do. Y/N needs a break and time to prepare for what we're walking into." Wanda nodded, walking away, and Tony knelt down in front of Y/N. She looked away as he took her hands. "You going to be okay?" He asked quietly.

"Maybe if everyone would let me be for a second, I would be," she responded, quietly as well.

"Can you look at me, honey? Please?"

She closed her eyes. "I don't want to look at any of you until after this is over... even then, I don't know if I really want to..."

"Steve's just upset cause he feels everyone's been keeping secrets."

"And you didn't do anything to stop him." Y/N looked at him, eyes full of tears. "You didn't try to understand or stand up for me.... Why?" Tony immediately felt guilty as Y/N's voice cracked. "I thought- I don't know why I even thought that a future would be possible..." She shook her head, looking up at the ceiling of the quinjet. "I've seen what is to come...."

"Y/N, you can't be serious-"

"Stark," Steve called. "We're here."

"One second, Cap, we're kind of-" But Y/N disappeared though a portal. "Damn it."

Y/N had needed a second to herself, so she disappeared into the Sokovia woods. Where they had fought HYDRA before retrieving the scepter. She let out a loud, frustrating scream.

"I don't want this!" Y/N screamed, falling to her knees. "Take this." She clenched her eyes shut. "I don't want to know what I know, have what I have... please, somebody, help me..."

"I have," the Ancient One's voice came out of no where. Y/N's eyes snapped open, she looked around to see that she was standing in the Mirror Dimension. "I will continue to help you."

"Can you take this away? Give this burden to someone else? It's tearing me apart-tearing my relationships apart! I can't do this."

"Yes, you can. That's why you've been saved. Y/N, you are stronger than you give yourself credit for."

"That was the cheesiest, most unhelpful thing you've ever said."

The Ancient One chuckled. "Yes, but that doesn't make it any less true... Y/N." The woman stepped forward. "You can do this. But for todays battle, you need to put the future aside, focus on the task at hand. Or there will be no future, for anyone."

~~~

The team had begun an evacuation of the city. Tony and Vision were headed for Ultron, who was waiting in the church. And Bruce went to rescue Natasha.

"Has anyone seen, Y/N?" Steve called through the comms.

"Not since she disappeared," Tony replied. "FRIDAY, try accessing Y/N's comms."