ninety-three

Coulson, Fitz, Tripp, and Skye arrived back from the mission they went on, and almost immediately called everyone in for a mission brief. They had found where the city the symbols led to was, and even had a run in with Skye's father. The whole SHIELD team was in the cargo hold of the Bus, Coulson standing in front of them.

"Here's what we know. HYDRA's on the move," Coulson stated. "They have The Obelisk and an expert who knows how to use it. We can't let that happen, obviously."

"Use it how?" Hunter asked.

"Based on our latest intel there's something very powerful inside it, a weapon."

"Are we talking chemical, biological, energy based...?" Mack wondered.

"Could be anything," Fitz said, "it's alien."

"That's what's scary," Y/N commented.

"While Simmons and I were undercover at HYDRA, Whitehall was looking to create an extinction level event, to kill millions of people," Bobbi said. "We have to assume this weapon has the potential to do that."

"Because bad guys love their WMDs," Coulson said. "Trick is, to activate The Obelisk HYDRA has to take it to a specific place. It's like they have the keys to launch a nuclear warhead -"

"Now they need the lock - a temple inside the city," Skye explained.

"Any idea where this temple is?" Simmons asked.

"Glad you asked - no," Coulson replied. "But, it's in the city and we now know where that is. Even better, HYDRA doesn't, Fitz."

Coulson moved aside and Fitz started up the holographic towers. It displayed a SHIELD case file. Skye walked up to the file and spread her hands, throwing up a display of the globe.

"On our mission to Australia we hacked a military satellite network," Skye explained. "Using that we ran a multispectral topographic scan of the Earth, miles deep through the oceanic crust looking to match ancient rock formations with the 3-D model of the city. And we found this."

She turned to the globe, focusing on one area in particular.

"Isn't that in the Bermuda Triangle?" Tripp asked.

"That would explain a lot," Y/N muttered.

"Actually, it doesn't have anything to do with the triangle," Coulson replied. "We solved that back in the '80s."

"Ah, Atlantis?" Tripp wondered.

"Try Puerto Rico."

Skye zoomed in the picture as she spoke, "These white markers represent vertical air shafts that are close to the surface. Possible entry points for the city, but most of them are under the ocean floor."

"Except for one. Here in old San Juan, where we'll enter the underground city. A survey team will test the tunnel's structural integrity then locate the temple."

"And then what?" Y/N asked.

"We blow the hell out of it."

The other SHIELD agents around them, not apart of the core team, started looking around and murmuring to each other.

"What about The Obelisk?" Bobbi asked. "It's still dangerous all on its own."

"One crisis at a time," Coulson replied.

~~~

The Bus was cloaked, flying in the air with the quinjet resting on top of it. Y/N, Skye, and May were watching the news about Senator Ward and his parents.