hundred one

Y/N was in her room, getting ready, when a knock sounded at the door. She had her back turned to it but could hear it open.

"I swear, Tony," she grumbled. "If you and Steve-" She stopped when she turned around and saw Natasha, arms crossed and leaning up against the wall. "Oh. Hey, Nat. What can I help you with?"

"You could start by telling me what's going on," she responded.

"I don't know what-"

"Cut the crap, Y/N. Something's going on. Steve and Bruce told me about why you can create portals. The Tesseract. That makes me want to assume that you also have some sort of connection with the scepter." Y/N closed her eyes and sighed. "You do. You have a connection." Nat stepped closer to Y/N. "What is it? Why do these things want you?"

"I don't know, Nat. Honestly. I'm just as confused as you are... I've been told I'm being saved for something."

"Saved?"

"Something is going to happen and for some reason I'll be an instrumental part in it all. But I don't know when or what that is."

"Your connection with the scepter? Did it... Did it give you any abilities?"

"Yes... I can... I can read and control minds." Natasha stayed silent for a few moments, simply nodding as she took everything in. "Nat, you have to understand that I'm not making any of this up and that I didn't ask for this." Y/N began to panic, the weight of everything suddenly crashing down on her. "I didn't want this," Y/N cried. "I didn't want this life. Any of it."

Nat rushed over and pulled Y/N into her arms. "I know you didn't... I know..."

"I don't know what to do, Nat... I... I don't want this..."

"Shh... I know, Y/N/N. I know."

"And Steve and Tony, they don't understand. They don't want me to come because of it. But I have to. It's my job to make it right."

"It's not your job." Nat pulled back, making sure Y/N was looking at her in the eyes. "It's our job. And since when have you let Stark and your brother stop you? I will support your decision to come."

"Thanks, Nat." Y/N pulled her back in for a hug. "I've missed you. I'm sorry I haven't been in touch like we used to."

"It's on us both. Nothing like a end-of-the-world scenario to get friends back together."

~~~

Y/N appeared in the quinjet as they were crossing the Atlantic. She stayed in a corner, avoiding Steve and Tony. And every time one of them tried to get near her, Natasha would step in their way, giving them a threatening look.

The salvage yard was the home of many rusted ships. On of them housing Ulysses Klaue, the man the team was searching for. As the team entered one of the ships, the realized Ultron was there as well.

"-understand. Don't compare me with Stark!" Ultron spat, kicking Ulysses Klaue down the stairs. "It's a thing with me. Stark is... He's a sickness."

"Ahh, junior," Tony commented as him, Thor, and Steve appeared. Bruce stayed back in the quinjet and Clint, Natasha, and Y/N snuck onto the other levels. "You're gonna break your old man's heart."

"It I have to."

"We don't have to break anything," Thor stated.

"Clearly you've never made an omelet."

"He beat me by one second," Tony commented.

"Ah, this is funny, Mr. Stark," a young man appeared. From what Y/N could remember, his name was Pietro Maximoff. Him and his Twin, Wanda who showed up beside him, volunteered to be experimented on. "It's what, comfortable? Like old times?"