hundred thirty-two

It was like the universe had just crashed into her. The weight she was feeling was absolutely crushing. Y/N's had went up to her chest, as began to feel like she was choking.

"Y/N," Steve called as he rushed up from where he was sitting and to her. "Y/N, look at me."

But Y/N didn't respond. Her vision was blurry and she wasn't able to hear anything. It was like all her senses had gone numb. Y/N's strangled breathing was getting louder, more noticeable, more struggle some. She was trembling as everyone surrounded her.

"It was... I was... I was su-supposed to... stop this," she choked out. "I... fa-failed..."

"Hey, hey, hey," Nat quickly said, getting down in Y/N's line of sight. "You didn't do anything wrong. You tried your best, like everyone else."

Y/N's heart was pounding and she could feel a burning in her chest. Like a growing ball of power just waiting to be unleashed.

"I can't-" Y/N's voice broke as tapped her chest. "There's... this pain... it wants to be let out..."

"We need to see who's left," Steve stated, standing up and looking around.

"Steve, you stay here with Y/N," Rhodey said taking over. "The rest of us will check out the kingdom."

"No, I'm coming-"

"Steve," Natasha reprimanded, standing to met Steve. "You haven't seen her in two years. She's your sister and she's struggling."

"We all are."

"Bastard," Y/N panted, trying to calm her breathing. She looked up at Steve, glaring. "You bastard... you will never understand, will you?" Shakily, Y/N pushed herself up, with Rhodey rushing to help steady her. "The world doesn't revolve around you... and your wants and needs. There are other people in this world... and your actions affect them... whether you even notice it or not." She tore from Rhodey's helping grip, still not all that stable. "I don't need to be watched over..." She stumbled as she went up to him, pointing a finger in his chest. "Especially by you... Not anymore."

"Y/N, just listen to me-"

"I'm done listening to you, Steve! Done!"

"Hey, Y/N," Rhodey said, softly, trying to pull her attention to him. "Let's go together and check the battlefield for survivors."

Keeping a hard glare at her brother, she let Rhodey lead her away.

~~~

All of the leaders of Wakanda had been turned to dust, leaving Okoye as the only option to lead the small, yet advanced, country. People were crying out, screaming, so incredibly shaken up. And if it was this bad in Wakanda, knowing that the rest of the universe had experienced this as well made Y/N heart break more than it already had.

Rhodey was keeping a watchful eye on her. Though all it took was one look away to help someone and Y/N had disappeared. She reappeared outside of Bucky's hut, tears flooding her eyes as she looked around. Even half the goats were gone.

Entering the small hut, Y/N ran her hand along the wall. She tried to calm herself as tears slipped down her face. She looked around the small kitchen and living area before heading to the bed room. The bed was unmade, not surprising. Slowly, Y/N laid herself on the bed. She laid on her side and grabbed Bucky's pillow. Holding it closer to her, she dug her nose into the pillow, taking in his unique scent. That's when she let loose, sobs wracked her body as the weight of what happened fully crushed her.

"Guys," Rhodey called over the comms, "anyone have eyes on Y/N?"

"You lost her?!" Steve panicked.