hundred nineteen

Y/N was still in a little state of shock, pacing back in forth in her room. Bucky was here. Bucky was alive and had been getting help. She hadn't spoke to him since Siberia and that was.... Y/N froze in her place when she realized that it had been nine months. Nine months... She should have had her baby by now. She would have had her baby... her precious baby that she didn't even know the gender of. She collapsed to the floor on her knees. Tears streamed down her face as she wrapped her arms around herself and cried. She stayed like that into the morning hours.

Bucky wasn't acting much different. He had paced across his small house so many times, he swore he could feel a mark in the floor. He was nervous. He had imagined so many times how his first meeting with Y/N since Siberia would go, and that definitely wasn't it. She was still the most beautiful woman he had ever seen, even though he could tell the last nine months had not been easy on her. Bucky felt immediate guilt. Blaming himself for what had happened in Siberia.

In the morning, Bucky went to the palace, wanting to talk to T'Challa. He found the King walking down a hallway.

"Your Majesty," Bucky called, jogging to catch up.

"Oh, Sargent Barnes," T'Challa smiled, stopping and turning slightly. "How are-"

"Where you ever going to tell me that Y/N's staying here?"

"T'Challa sighed. "How did you find out?"

"Last night. I was taking a walk in the fields and so was she."

"Did she see you?"

"Yes."

"Did she leave?"

"She told me she wouldn't. But-"

"But you're not so sure. Follow me." T'Challa started heading towards Y/N's room with Bucky in tow.

"T'Challa, why is she here?"

"Like you and the Captain, she's a fugitive. I promised Steve that I would look for her, look out for her. I found her staying in South Africa, longer than she usually was in one place."

"I thought she was with Stark. Hasn't she been with him this whole time?"

T'Challa sighed. "She was missing for six months before we started noticing her movements. From what I know, Stark has been searching for her since then as well."

"Six months? Of nothing?"

"Yes."

"Has she..."

"She hasn't opened up to me. But Y/N has just gotten here. She needs time."

"How long is she staying?"

"As long as she likes. Here we are." The men stopped in front of a large door. T'Challa knocked. "Y/N?" He called. No answer. He tried again. "Y/N? Can I come in?" Nothing.

Bucky physical deflated. "She's probably gone."

"You don't know that... Y/N, I'm coming in." T'Challa opened the door, looking around the room with Bucky following.

"Y/N!" Bucky exclaimed, noticing her unconscious on the floor. He and T'Challa were quickly at her side. "Y/N." He gently shook her. Just by her face, they could tell she had been crying, recently. "Come on, doll. Wake up."

"Hmmm?" Y/N hummed, coming back to consciousness. She blinked her eyes rapidly a few times. "Bucky? T'Challa? What's going on?"

"You tell us," T'Challa said. "We walked in to find you on the floor, unconscious."

"Oh... I must have fallen asleep."

"Doing what, doll?" Bucky questioned.

"I... uh... thanks for the concern. Both of you." She pushed herself up to stand. "But I think I'm going to go get ready for the day."