twenty-one

After calming herself down and showering, Y/N made her way down to the workshop. She felt the need to apologize to Tony. She needed to be more professional than that. When she arrived, Tony was being suited up in some kind of metal armor. She quickly burst through the door.

"What the hell are you doing?" She angrily asked.

"JARVIS," Tony muttered, "I thought I told you to lock down the workshop."

"You also told me to allow Ms. Barnes in the workshop whenever," the AI retorted.

"Tony. What is that?"

"It's just a suit. I'm testing it out."

"Like outside of this workshop?"

"Well, yeah."

Y/N marched closer to Tony, moving to stand in front of the suit which he was enclosed in. "Did you think that I wouldn't notice that you were gone? Or that JARVIS wouldn't inform me that you had left?"

"I-"

"I'm here to protect you. In case you have forgotten, Mr. Stark, you were kidnapped. Missing for three months. You are not allowed out of this house without me with you. So step out of that suit. Now."

"JARVIS will keep you informed with my location." Tony's tone had turned a bit serious. "Sit at the desk and he'll show you my location and all the sats in the suit. You can't stop me from going."

"Tony! I can't-"

"JARVIS, do a weather and ATC check," Tony ignored Y/N. "Start listening in on ground control."

"Sir, there are still terabytes of calculations needed before an actual flight is-"

"JARVIS! Sometimes you go to run before you can walk. Ready?"

"Tony, don't!" Y/N shouted. "This is too dangerous on so many levels!"

"In three, two, one," Tony counted down.

The suit lifted off the ground before flying out of the garage and into the sky. Y/N quickly went to Tony's desk, where JARVIS had already pulled up everything she needed to see. She nervously bit her thumb nail and tapped her foot as she watched the screens.

"JARVIS," she called when she noticed Tony flying straight up. "What's going on?" No answer. "JARVIS?" Still nothing. "JARVIS, you have got- Wait. Why is he falling? JARVIS!"

"Ms. Barnes," JARVIS' voice finally broke through the tense room. "Mr. Stark-"

"I'm fine, thanks for asking." Tony interrupted through the intercom system.

"Tony! Thank goodness!" Y/N exclaimed. "You can't do that-"

"I can do that. And I will continue to. Okay, I'm landing on the roof now. Be down soon."

"Fine."

Y/N sat in the desk chair, leaning forward and resting her head in her hands. This mission was going to kill her. A loud, crashing sound had Y/N jumping up and pulling her gun out. She looked and noticed a hole in the ceiling and iron clade Tony laying on one of his nice, now crushed, cars.

"Are you okay?" She quickly rushed over to him.

"Yeah, I'm fine," Tony waved her off. "JARVIS, make notes of what we need to fix."

"Of course, sir," JARVIS answered.

"Tony, you fell from the sky. You are not fine."

"I didn't fall from the sky," Tony said as he stood up. "I fell from two inched above the roof."