hundred twenty-two

Tony immediately called Happy to pick them up. The streets were busier now, so there was no way that Y/N and Tony walking wouldn't be noticed. Happy was surprised and relieved to see Y/N. He knew not to ask questions, but Y/N could feel them turning in his mind. Thankfully, Tony had a private elevator from the building's garage to his penthouse.

The penthouse was beautiful, not like Y/N expected it to not be. Tony was a billionaire after all. As Tony made a phone call to Pepper about not making his meetings today, Y/N walked around. Along the walls, there were pictures of Tony throughout his life. His young inventor years, him and Rhodey in college, him and Happy, him and Pepper. There was a picture of Tony and Maria, even one with Howard and Tony. As she continued she saw photos of her and Tony and the team. There was one of Harley and Tony, which looked to be fairly recent, and another one with Tony and a teenage boy.

"See you've found the wall," Tony commented, walking up behind her. "Or, as Happy and Rhodey call it, the story of my life."

"I'm surprised you have all these out," Y/N said, motioning to the wall. "Especially-"

"The ones with the Team?"

"Yeah." Y/N nodded.

Tony sighed, looking at the photos. "I like to remember the good ole days. The days before..."

"Before it all went to hell." She turned at smiled softly at the man beside her. "I get it." She turned back to the wall and pointed to the picture of Tony and the unknown teenager. "Who's this?"

"Oh, that's Mr. Peter Parker. Otherwise known as Spider-Man."

"There's a Spider-Man?"

"I forgot that I didn't get the chance to introduce you to him. Parker helped me at the... well, it doesn't matter. He'd really fan over you," Tony chuckled. "Maybe I'll see if he can stop by after school."

"That would be nice."

"He's smart like Harley. I've been trying to introduce the two, but they've both been crazy busy." Tony started walking to the kitchen. "Harley got early acceptance to MIT."

"Really?" Y/N asked, excitedly, as she followed Tony. "That's so good."

"Full ride. And I've offered to help with any extra expenses." He reached into a cupboard, grabbing two glasses.

"That's really kind of you."

"It's the least I can do. After all, without him, I wouldn't have been able to save you from Killian all those years ago." Tony got out some orange juice and started pouring it into the glasses.

"All those years ago?" Y/N giggled. "You make it sound so long ago. It was barely 4 years ago."

"Well..." He pushed a glass over to Y/N. "A lot has happened since then."

"That's true." Y/N slowly nodded, taking a sip. "How's Rhodey?"

"He's almost done with physical therapy. I have him in, like the, uh... mark 6 or something, of his braces. They're really helping."

"That's good."

"I'm planning on developing them so that more people like him can walk again."

"You're too good for this world, Tony..."

Tony laughed. "No, I'm not."

"You hide it under a facade, but you are Tony."

"I think-"

"Boss," FRIDAY interrupted. "Secretary Ross is on the line. He says it's urgent."

"Doesn't he always?" Tony muttered, rolling his eyes. He pointed at Y/N. "Stay silent. We can't let him know that you're here." With a nod, Y/N responded. "Alright, patch him through FRI."