hundred

It wasn't long after that the guests had all gone, leaving the team with Helen Cho, Maria Hill, and Rhodey. Thor had gotten out his hammer and rested it on the coffee table. The team was all sitting around it.

"But it's a trick!" Clint taunted, twirling drum sticks.

"Oh, no," Thor ensured. "It's much more than that."

"Uh, 'Whosoever be he worthy shall haveth the power!' Whatever man! It's a trick."

"Well please, by my guest." Thor motioned to his hammer.

"Come on," Tony egged on.

"Really?" Clint questioned.

"Yeah!" Thor cheered.

"Oh this is gonna be beautiful," Rhodey commented, making Y/N laugh as she leaned into Tony more.

There was this darkness she was sensing. She couldn't tell if it was just how tired she was or her new abilities acting up. But she wasn't ready for the night to end just yet, even with all Tony's worrying.

"Clint, you've had a tough week, we won't hold it against you if you can't get it up," Tony teased.

"You know I've seen this before, right?" Clint said to Thor as he walked over to the hammer. He grabbed it and tried to lift it, failing to do so. "I still don't know how you do it."

"Smell the silent judgment?"

"Please, Stark, by all means."

Tony looked down at Y/N, seemingly asking for permission. "It's alright, love." She leaned up and gave him a kiss. "Go get 'em."

Tony slipped out from behind Y/N, helping her rest against the couch, before walking, cockily, towards the hammer.

"Oh, here we go," Natasha joked.

"Okay," Maria nodded.

"Uh-oh," Rhodey chuckled.

"Never one to shrink from an honest challenge," Tony stated.

"Get after it," Clint said.

"Here we go," Nat smirked.

"Please don't strain yourself, Tony," Y/N teased. "Wouldn't want to ruin your good arm."

"It's physics," Tony responded.

"Physics!" Bruce repeated loudly.

Tony grabbed the handle of Thor's hammer. "Right, so, if I lift it, I...I then rule Asgard?"

"Yes, of course," Thor replied.

"I will be re-instituting Prima Nocta."

"Not if you want to still be with me!" Y/N shouted.

"Right, I'm sorry, honey." Tony tried to lift the hammer, failing.

"I'll be right back. Honey? Do you mind?" Peeking inside his mind, Y/N knew where he wanted to go. She opened a portal to where his suits were kept. "Thank you. I'll be right back." He quickly returned with an armored hand, trying again. "Rhodey?"

"Y/N," Rhodey turned to her, "if you don't mind."

"Not at all," she shook her head.

As Rhodey went to get the arm of his suit, Steve turned to watch Y/N, a worried look talking over. She looked sick and he could see the beads of sweat beginning to form along her hair line.

"Y/N," Steve called, "are you-"

"Alright," Rhodey interrupted by coming back through. He walked over to the hammer. Both him and Tony gripped it with the strength of their gloves. "Are you even pulling?"