hundred twenty-three

Y/N led Bucky to her room. But it didn't go further than a passionate make out. Both Bucky and Y/N knew that Y/N was not ready to go any further. They both changed into comfier clothes and Bucky began to ask her questions about her powers. She was hesitant to explain the reason why she was granted these abilities or where each one was from, so she didn't. But Y/N explained what she could do, and what came from the Stone in Vision's head and what came from the Tesseract.

"That's... actually really cool," Bucky commented. "And all this because you fell with that cube?"

"I guess." Y/N shrugged.

"This power to be able to speak to the souls of the dead... have you ever used it?"

"Once. Just, this morning in fact. I... I was in New York to visit Ma and Pa's grave. I hadn't in a while. I... I got to see them. Like, actually touch them and talk to them."

"What? Are you serious?"

"Very. It was... amazing. And I also got to see my baby."

"Yo-your baby?"

"It was a boy." She smiled. "I even got to name him, AJ."

"AJ?"

"Anthony James."

"J-James? You can't be serious."

"I am. I named him after the two great loves of my life." Y/N sighed as she remembered holding her little boy in her arms. "He was beautiful, Buck. So beautiful."

"I'm so glad you got to have that experience, doll." Bucky rested his hand on hers.

"Me, too... and thank you for being so understanding."

"Of course, doll."

~~~

Bucky woke up in Y/N's bed, with her cuddled into his chest. He savored the moment of closeness. He knew he was doing the right thing by her, encouraging her to figure out a relationship with both men, but he really wanted to be selfish. But he couldn't. He owed it to himself and to her to let her do this. Besides, her and Tony had years together, even made a baby, there's no getting over that easily.

Y/N stirred slightly, causing Bucky to look down and carefully watch. She was the most beautiful woman in his eyes. No one would ever be able to compare to her beauty. Even though they were older now and it was clear on their faces that they had both seen their share of things, Y/N's beauty, in Bucky's eyes, never faltered.

"You're staring," Y/N croaked out in her morning voice.

"Am not," Bucky defended.

"Are too..." She snuggled in closer. "It's creepy."

He chuckled. "Is that why you're basically on top of me?"

She hummed with a nod. "You're warm."

"Whatever you say, doll." He held her a bit tighter. "I could stay like this forever," he whispered.

"Yeah..." Y/N breathed out, sounding a bit off.

"I'm sorry, I know I said I'm giving you time. I just-"

"It's fine, Bucky. It's fine really."

"You sure?"

"I'm sure." She leaned up and gave him a small kiss. "I promise."

~~~

The day went by smoothly. Y/N dropped Bucky off at his hut so that they two could get ready for the day. They spent it at Bucky's place, cleaning his house and taking care of his goats. They ate lunch and dinner under their tree. When Y/N said she should head back to the palace, Bucky quickly brought her in for a kiss.