thirty-five

Three days later, Tony, Y/N, Pepper, and Happy, had arrived in Monaco for the Grand Prix. Y/N made sure the press kept away from Tony and Pepper, while Happy grabbed the suit case that carried Tony's Mark V suit. They entered a crowded hotel bar, full of the highest bidders and sponsors.

"You know, it's Europe," Tony stated as he guided Y/N and Pepper into the room, with Happy trailing behind. "Whatever happens in the next 20 minutes, just go with it."

"Go with it?" Pepper questioned. "Go with what?'

"Mr. Stark?" A voice called. Pepper and Y/N looked in the direction of the voice to see Natasha, or Natalie, coming towards them.

"Hey," Tony greeted.

"Hello," she replied. "How was your flight?"

"It was excellent." A server walked up with drinks. "Boy, it's nice to see you." Pepper grabbed a drink as she couldn't stop looking at Tony in shock.

"We have one photographer from the ACM, if you don't mind. Okay?"

"Mmhmm."

Nat took the drinks away as a photographer came up behind her. Y/N took a step to the side, beside Happy, but was still close enough to listen it.

"When did this happen?" Pepper muttered, trying to look pleasant since the photographer had started taking pictures.

"What? You made me do it," Tony responded.

"I made you do what?"

"You quit." Tony slid his arm around her and pulled her to him. "Smile. Look, right there." He pointed to the man taking the pictures. "Stop acting constipated. Don't flare your nostrils."

"You are so predictable. That's the amazing thing."

"This way," Nat guided.

"Thanks. You look fantastic," Tony commented, following Nat. Y/N rolled her eyes and bit her tough.

"Why, thank you very much."

"But that's unprofessional." Tony looked at Y/N, clearing trying to say something to her before turning his attention back to his new assistant. "What's on the docket?"

Y/N moved into step with Pepper. "Are you actually going to let this slide?" Y/N asked, quietly.

"Nothing I can really do about it," she answered. "Tony is Tony."

Y/N needed to step away for a moment. To get all of this annoyance out of her head. "I'm going to hurry and do a perimeter sweep."

"Okay."

"I'll make it quick."

She stepped away and told Happy to keep an eye on Tony. Y/N took a little longer than she should have. When she arrived back at the table, Tony was no where to be seen.

"Where's Mr. Stark?" She asked Pepper, who was the only one sitting there.

"He went to..." Pepper trailed off, focusing on the TV behind Y/N. Y/N spun around to see Tony on the screen, dressed up for racing and getting in the race car. "Natalie." Pepper called. "Natalie!"

"Yes, Ms. Potts?" Nat came rushing over.

"What do you know about this?" She motioned to the monitor.

"This is the first that I have known of it."

"This, this cannot happen."

"Absolutely. I understand. How can I help you?"