hundred twenty-six

Tony's apartment was dark and quiet, which was extremely unusual for any of Tony's places of living.

"Tony?" Y/N called, her body was exhausted. She was trying to hold herself together from also saying goodbye to part of her family. "Tony?"

"The Boss is currently away on a business trip, Agent Rogers," FRIDAY responded. "I will inform him that you are here."

"Thanks... Uh, FRIDAY?"

"Yes?"

"I'm... I..."

"If I could step in, it seems like your body is exhausted, running on its last amounts of fuel. May I suggest that you rest? I will order food and work with Mr. Stark to get him here as fast as possible."

"Okay... I'll be in Tony's room."

~~~

"Y/N?" Tony called.

When FRIDAY had told him that Y/N was back, Tony quickly ended the meeting he was in and flew home. He had been kept up to date on the SHIELD issues, since they were being broadcast everywhere. The man hunt was on Y/N like nothing it had before. He was concerned and so very worried, Tony was barely making it through the meeting.

"Y/N? Are you there?" He tried again, exiting his suit and searching his apartment.

"Boss," FRIDAY responded. "She is resting in your room. She came back with extreme exhaustion. I've sent her to be and ordered food."

"Thanks, FRI," Tony sighed, relieved.

He quickly, but quietly, made his way up to his room. Opening the door, the light from the hallway illuminated a very asleep Y/N, buried in the covers. He walked over, tucking her into the covers more before pressing a kiss to her forehead.

"Tony?" She rasped, eyes half opening.

"Go back to sleep," he urged, brushing his fingers over her cheek. "I'll let you know when the food's here."

She nodded, quickly falling back to sleep. Tony watched her lovingly before changing into something comfier. He was in the living room, waiting for the food, when the elevator dinged. Quickly on guard, Tony stood up defensively. He relaxed slightly when he noticed Peter waltzing in, bags of food.

"Hey, Mr. Stark!" Peter greeted excitedly.

"Hey, kid," Tony responded. "What ya got there?"

"Oh, FRIDAY told me that you needed me to run and get some food. Even told me where to go and what to go."

"FRIDAY, huh?" He looked up at the ceiling with a little shake of his head. "We're going to have a conversation later."

"Am I intruding on something?"

"No, kid," Tony sighed. "It's about time I let you in on a little secret."

"A secret? What secret?"

"How about you go and get everything set up for three in the kitchen and I'll be right back?"

"For three? Okay, Mr. Stark!"

The kid rushed away to the kitchen. Tony headed back to the bed room. He had the urge to leave Y/N sleeping, as she very well needed it, obviously. But she needed to eat as well. He walked over and gently sat next to her.

"Y/N," he called softly. "Time to wake up."

"Hmm?" She hummed, stirring from her slumber.

"Food's here. And, there's someone I want you to meet."