hundred eighteen

Y/N appeared in the Zephyr. Immediately on the look out for Coulson. She turned the corner, running into another agent.

"I'm so sorry," the agents apologized, stepping back. "Are you- you're Agent Rogers. You're awake."

"Um... yeah. Have you seen Coulson?"

"Him and Mack are on the ground, doing some work."

"Oh, okay. I just wanted to say goodbye."

"Goodbye? Why would you-"

"Come in, Zephyr One. Come in," Director Mace called over the comms in the front control panel.

The agent rushed over. "This is Zephyr One."

"Agent Y/N Rogers is missing. If you find her, take her into immediate custody." The agent looked Y/N's way.

"Please," she whispered, "don't... I don't want to force you to not. Just... don't."

"We haven't seen her, sir," the agent replied to the Director. "We'll let you know if there's a sighting." The agent hung up and walked towards Y/N. "I know that you don't deserve to be in custody."

"Thank you, Agent..."

"Johnson." He held out his hand. "Agent Johnson."

"Thank you Agent Johnson. Tell Coulson that I tried to say goodbye, will ya? And that I'll reach out if I need anything."

"Of course. Stay safe, Agent Rogers."

Y/N nodded before stepping through a portal. Looking around, she took in her surroundings. It was a cold December evening in London, where she had placed herself. It was time for her to work on gathering her strength for the inevitable fight and for her to figure out how to tap into the Soul Stone. Y/N also knew she needed to stay on the run, the government was going to be non-stop after her, world wide. She couldn't afford to stay in one place too long.

Y/N found a small shop where she bought a backpack and some essentials she would need for the run. She bought a train ticket to Amsterdam and immediately headed there. In her private room on the train, the news was on. She was ignoring it, simply taking in everything going past the window, until something caught her attention.

"It has been almost two months since Tony Stark announced that he was selling Avengers Tower in New York," the news reporter stated. "So far, he's had many bids, but has not officially closed on anything. Rumors have it is that he's hiding rouge Avengers, Steve Rogers, Natasha Romanoff, and Wanda Maximoff in the Tower. Officials have denied it, but who can blame us for asking?"

"In other news about Tony Stark, his former girlfriend has officially been announced as a wanted fugitive of the United States government. Nothing has been heard about Avenger Y/N Rogers since the Sokovia Accords were put in place, until now. That has people wondering if Stark had been hiding her until she couldn't take being cooped up anymore and decided to join her brother and former lover, Bucky Barnes aka the Winter Soldier, on the run."

"Again, most of this has not been confirmed. But one can only assume that-"

Y/N turned off the tv, unable to hear anymore. No one truly understood what had happened, nor did they really try to. With a sigh, she laid down and fell asleep.

She lived like this for the past two and a half months, constantly on the move, barely making time to even sight see. She had made her way across a majority of the Europe and Asia continents. It was lonely, but she knew it needed to be done. As much as she tried, Y/N was never able to connect with the Soul Stone. That didn't mean she stopped trying though.