ninety-five

"I really believe you and Skye should come back to the Tower, Y/N," Bruce expressed. "If what Tony is saying is true and they're freaking out, the safest place for the two of you to grow your powers is here."

"I can't just pull her, or me, from the base without a bunch of questions," Y/N retorted. "This is her family."

"Yes, but, besides Fitz, they're scared of what happened to the both of you," Tony said.

Tony and Y/N were in her bunk, talking with Bruce on speaker phone.

"I understand that, but they'll never learn and she'll never feel safe if we just pull her from here," Y/N continued. "And maybe I don't want to leave either."

"Y/N, we need to go home," Tony said. "We need to monitor you and focus on finding the scepter. They're too busy here trying to take down the HYDRA remnants to focus on that."

"By taking down HYDRA, we'll find it."

"Should I call Steve?" Bruce asked.

"No! Don't call Steve."

"He needs to know what's going on," Tony said.

"I know that. I would just rather talk to him in person."

"That settles it then, we're going home."

"Tony-"

"No. I have let you convince me far more times than I can count to help these people and risk your life. And I understand, you love these people, they're your friends. I care for Coulson too and Skye. But, no matter if Skye comes with us or not, you are coming home."

"You can't-"

"Oh yes I can. I understand you can now create portals, but we don't even know how far you can even go or how much energy you have to use to create them."

"Tony's right, Y/N," Bruce said.

"Thank you!"

"We have the needed equipment at the Tower to answer all those questions."

"Ugh," Y/N shook her head, running her hands down her face. "I'll talk to Skye about it, let me get her opinion, then we'll go."

"Great!" Tony exclaimed. He clapped his hands, rubbing them together. "I'll make sure the lab sends everything they have on the two of you to the Tower."

~~~

Y/N walked into the training room, where May and Skye were sparing.

"I didn't want to try to hurt you," she heard Skye saying. "I feel like I'm constantly on the verge of... I don't know."

"Look...we lost Trip, and it hurts like hell," May replied, "but you can't shut those feelings out. Can't sustain that."

"Well what's my option? I just lose it right here?"

"We've talked about this. Control. Embrace your emotions, your nerves. Use them...on your terms."

"I don't know. What I'm feeling is pretty...dark. I'm afraid I'm gonna go postal and tear your head off."

"Go for it. I promise you won't."

"She's right," Y/N finally made herself known. They faced her. "Taking it out on May is healthier than bottling it up."

"Maybe Skye needs a break," Fitz said from behind Y/N.

"Training is not a group activity," May stated.

"Yeah. I just came down to...have - uh, see what...i-it's about."

"I'll tell you what, Fitz, come back in an hour. I'd be happy to show you what it's all about."