ninety-nine

Y/N went straight to search for Tony after getting off the call with Coulson. All she wanted was a hug. She found him in his lab, no surprise there. Quietly, she came up and wrapped herself around him from behind. Tony tensed before realizing who had latched themselves onto him.

"You're home," he tried to turn around to face Y/N, but she held on tight. "You okay, honey?"

"Fine," she mumbled into his back. "Just don't want to let go yet."

Tony chuckled. "How about you loosen up a bit and let me hold on to you too?" Y/N complied, letting Tony turn in her arms and hold her too. He pressed a kiss to her head.

"We found it."

"What?"

"We found the scepter. At least, we think know where it is. Maria's calling the team together for a briefing tonight."

"Good. We need to get it out of their hands as soon as we can."

"Yes, but I was kind of hoping for just one night that I could sleep in our bed."

"After, sweetheart. We'll both be able to sleep better after." He gently moved her head up so that he could place a kiss on her lips. "I have something for you."

"You do?" Y/N pulled back slightly so that she could see his face.

"Yeah. A suit."

"A suit? Like one of your Tom Ford 3 piecers or an Iron Man suit or a swimming-"

"A swimming suit? Really? You know that I like it better when we good skinny dipping." He placed kisses down her neck.

"Tony!" She giggled. "We don't have for this!" She tried to push him away. "We're going to be called into a meeting any second now."

"Alright, alright. But after we get the scepter back, we're going on vacation."

"Agreed."

~~~

The team was assembled quickly and rushed to Sokovia. There was no more time to waste. The closer they got, the more Y/N could feel the Mind Stone that was housed in the scepter. Y/N was suited up in her new suit designed by Tony. He had modeled off Natasha's and Y/N's old suit that suit had made. Thankfully, the red and blues used weren't as bright as her original suit, making it more subtle. When they landed, Tony took off to the sky, Y/N and Steve took off on their motorcycles, Nat and Clint headed to steal one of HYDRA's trucks, and Thor went straight out into battle. As they fought, a code green was called, meaning the Hulk was needed.

"Shit!" Tony exclaimed through the comms.

"Langauge!" Steve scolded. "JARVIS, what's the view from upstairs?"

"The central building is protected by some kind of energy shield," JARVIS informed. "Strucker's technology is well beyond any other HYDRA base we've taken."

"Loki's scepter must be here," Thor said. "Strucker couldn't mount this defense without it. At long last."

"At long last is lasting a little long, boys," Natasha commented.

"Yeah," Clint agreed. "I think we lost the element of surprise."

"Wait a second," Tony said. "No one else is going to deal with the fact that Cap just said 'language'?"

"I know," Steve muttered, throwing his bike at some of the soldiers driving up. "It just slipped out."

"You Old Man," Y/N chuckled as she continued towards the building, firing at soldiers and dodging them as she went.