seventy-three

The couple was able to spend some quality time together on Tony's new island for a few weeks before Y/N was called back in. Tony complained as Y/N packed and as he escorted her to the jet that had been sent. After a loving, almost convinced to stay kiss, Y/N was on the jet, headed for SHIELD's secret base known as The Hub. Coulson called her once she was in the air.

"How was the break?" He immediately asked once the video call come through.

"Not long enough," Y/N answered. "Care to fill me in."

"Well, you were right about Skye."

"Oh, really?" Y/N leaned back in her chair, folding her arms. "About what?"

"She was giving information to the Rising Tide."

"Of course she was."

"She's still on the team though."

"You've got to be kidding-"

"It's my team. I make the rules. She has promise. She just needs to be shown that. We have a bracelet on Skye's wrist, preventing her from assessing in tech without our authority."

"How's that been working out so far?"

"Fine. She's mainly interested in her past. Why anything about her birth or parents are only found in redacted SHIELD files."

"Is that what I'm being called in for?"

"No."

"Then what am I being called in for?"

"This next mission is clearance level 8. You and I are the only one's on the team with that clearance. I don't know much about the rest."

"Count me in, I'll see you at The Hub."

~~~

Y/N arrived first, waiting for the team as the main floor desk.

"Agent Rogers," Simmons greeted. "Will you be joining us again?"

"I am a part of the team, aren't I?" Y/N questioned.

"Well, yes..." Fitz replied. "You just haven't been-"

"Agent Rogers was given time off," Coulson stated.

"Glad to have you back," Ward said, reaching out his hand.

Y/N shook it. "Nice to be back," she said with a small smile.

The team each reached for a badge on the counter top before heading further into The Hub.

"Do I get one?" Skye asked.

"That's your badge," Coulson stated, pointing to the bracelet on her wrist. "Which means you've got a long way to go to even make level 1."

"Copy that. Does that also mean no access to any computers here whatsoever? I could run a search on the redacted SHIELD file on my parents."

"Skye," Coulson warned.

"But it just- it seems like the place they'd keep them, right?"

"I'll look into it. But right now, we've got more pressing matters at hand. Agent Sitwell."

"Agent Coulson," Agent Jasper Sitwell greeted as he walked towards the team. "Good to see you feeling better. Agent Hand's waiting for you in the situation room."

"And she doesn't like to wait."

"So you know her?"

"Only her reputation. After you." Coulson motioned towards the badge scanner on the wall.