sixty-four

Y/N woke up, after falling, surrounded by fire. She looked at herself and realized that she was glowing orange. The Extremis had worked, and she had survived yet another fall. Her body was still healing as she slowly got onto her feet. She needed to find Tony, scared to think about what he was feeling. He probably thought that she was dead. She looked around the fire, trying to figure out how to get out of it.

Y/N finally heard the clanking of metal and she began to slowly follow the sound. As she got closer she heard a voice too. Killian's. She reached down and grabbed a large pole that seemed to have broken off of something. She gripped it tightly in her hands as she continued on. When she broke through the flames, she saw Tony trying to crawl away with Killian walking over to him. Y/N quietly but quickly made her way over to the two men, she needed to stop him.

"It was always me, Tony. Right from the start. I am the Mandarin!" Killian shouted.

He stretched out his arms and Y/N quickly swung the pole and flew Killian back down onto the ground. Tony looked over to see Y/N breathing heavily and glowing orange. She dropped the pole, and stared at Tony. Tony sat there and stared back in shock, his thoughts running a mile a minute but at the same time not.

"I got nothing," Tony said, shocked.

The sound of a suit flying made Y/N quickly look up. Killian stood up, angrier then before, but they hadn't noticed yet. Tony remembered that he had commanded JARVIS to attack everybody with Extremis in their systems.

"JARVIS, subject at my 12 o'clock is not a target," Tony rushed, "disengage!"

He put his finger in his ear to make sure his comm was still there but it wasn't, he quickly looked over and noticed it a few feet away on the ground. The suit powered up and then fired at Y/N, narrowly missed the hit. She looked towards Tony, angry, but was also trying to figure out a plan to stop the suit. Out of the corner of her eye so noticed Killian and realized she still had to finish him off as well.

"What?" Tony asked, confused and scared. Y/N began running towards Tony. "Oh, what are you mad at me?"

Y/N used Tony's knee to push herself up into the air. She punched through the suit and brought it to the ground. Y/N then slid her hand into a gauntlet and stood up. She whipped around and hit Killian just as he was about to attack her. He went flying backwards. She spotted a missile rolling on the ground. Y/N kicked it up towards Killian and fired at it. It blew up right in front of Killian, finally finishing him off. She began to cool down and come to her senses as she panted.

"Honey?" Tony called to get her attention. Y/N quickly looked back at Tony and then to where Killian once was.

"Oh my gosh," she gasped. She turned back to Tony. "That was... I just... I was just glowing, orange."

"You just scared the devil out of me. I thought you were-"

"I was dead. Why? Because I fell 200 feet?" She scoffed. "Wouldn't be the first time. Who's the hot mess now, huh?" She began walking towards Tony.

"It's still debatable. Probably tipping your way a little bit. Why don't you dress like this more often?" Tony leaned over and slipped the comm back into his ear as he motioned to Y/N. "Hmm? Sport bra. The whole deal."

"You know, I think I understand why you have so many suits. I used to complain about you always calling at the worst times and asking for my input. What am I going to complain about now?"

"Well, it's me." Tony slowly stood. "You'll think of something." Tony reached out to hold her.

"No, don't touch me." Y/N took a step back.