hundred thirty-nine

"So these seizures aren't going to go away?" Steve asked.

The doctor had found Steve and Tony in with Morgan. Tony was silently rocking Morgan, listening intently to the conversation.

"They most likely will," the doctor answered, "with time. There will always be a chance that she could have only, but they should never be as bad as that one today. For a while, she'll be on medication that will help prevent seizures, though she can still be triggered."

"Is it safe for her to hold Morgan?" Steve questioned, shooting a concerned look Tony's way.

"Completely. For a while, someone will have to be with her. Until we see that the seizures are less frequent... Tony, this is still better than many other scenarios."

"He's right, it could have been worse." Tony stayed silent, causing Steve to sigh. "How's Y/N right now?"

"Asleep. She'll be that way for a few hours. I'll keep you guys updated." The doctor left and Steve moved to lean against the wall opposite Tony, arms folding across his chest.

"At least she got to hold her, Tony."

The man scoffed. "She almost dropped her," Tony mumbled, eyes focused on the baby in his arms.

"She didn't mean to, you know that."

"The doctor didn't even talk about the long-term effects of seizures... more brain damage and the medications, they're the worst part... I don't want this for Y/N, or for Morgan."

"You'll have help Tony. We will help you-I... I will help you..."

Tony sighed. "Y/N would want that... but I'm no where close to forgiving you, for many different reasons."

"I get it, neither am I."

~~~

Y/N could feel how stiff her body was as she began to wake. Stretching out, she could hear someone stand from a chair and come closer. She opened her eyes and saw Tony hovering over her, worried.

"I... I had a seizure, didn't I?" She quietly asked.

Tony nodded. "Yes."

"Is-Is Morgan okay?"

"Steve grabbed her before anything could happen."

Y/N sucked in her lips and nodded, trying to keep her emotions at bay. "I-" Her voice broke. "I understand if this is all too much and you want to take Morgan and leave."

"What? How could you even think that?"

"Because I could be holding her and have a seizure. I could hurt her! And I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I did..."

"And I can't live with out you... we're going to get through this. Just like we get through everything else. I love you." He gave her a soft kiss.

"I love you too... let's get married."

Tony chuckled. "We are."

"No. Now. Or as soon as I get out of the hospital. I don't want to waste another second."

"Okay. I'll have Happy and Pepper prep everything. Oh! We could even do it at the island, fly there and-"

"No. I want it at our home. Officially begin our life together where we will make it."

He smiled down at Y/N. "I think that's a great idea."

~~~

The two weeks flew by faster than anyone thought they would, but they weren't complaining. Y/N had two more seizures, though they weren't as bad. Tony and the others were taught out to help her through the seizures. Y/N was able to bond with Morgan, which made Tony's heart burst every time. Pepper and Happy had willingly planned out the wedding to happy 3 days after Y/N would be discharged. There was only on problem everyone forgot about, Y/N had been in a car accident.