ninety-two

Y/N, not happy with the plan, was leaning up against the wall, arms crossed. They had moved the machine into the lab. Skye was on her tablet while Simmons was prepping Coulson to go into the machine. Mack and Fitz were also watching nearby.

"Is all this really necessary?" Coulson wondered.

"If you're going to insist on doing this I'm going to be monitoring you very closely," Simmons said. "It too me and Fitz six weeks to figure out how to operate this and quite honestly, I never thought we'd have to use it."

"We should've destroyed it," Skye said.

"I agree," Y/N muttered.

Skye moved in front of Coulson. "In the history of bad ideas this is light years ahead of everything."

"No, trying to bring dead agents back to life using alien blood blows everything else away," Coulson retorted.

"They buried those memories for a reason, Phil," Y/N said, moving closer. "They were driving people insane. And now you want to uncover it when you've been getting worse. May would never-"

"May's not the director."

"Then I should stop you because I-"

"And neither are you. This is my call. I was put in charge of the TAHITI project so those people are my responsibility. If going back in this machine saves even one life, then it's worth the risk."

Coulson laid himself down, allowing Skye and Simmons to strap him down. Y/N sighed and walked towards Fitz and Mack.

"Mack," Y/N called, grabbing the mens attentions. "I need you close just in case."

"In case...?" Mack repeated.

"In case he starts screaming and you need to hold him down."

She turned back around and headed back to where the others were. Mack followed.

"Okay, try to stay relaxed," Skye told Coulson. "Listen to my voice. I'll guide you through but at the first sign of any duress I'm pulling you out."

"No, not until we have everything we need to find this guy," Coulson demanded.

Skye took a deep breath before nodding her head and looking towards Simmons.

"All systems are go," Simmons stated.

Skye checked over her shoulder to see Mack, Fitz, and Y/N. Then she turned back to Coulson and pulled up her tablet. She brought up a picture of Agents Stevens and held it for Coulson to see.

"Concentrate on Agent Stevens," Skye said. "She's your access point. Focus on her." Coulson stared at the photo for a moment before nodding his head. "Alright, take him back."

Hitting the button, Simmons made the machine light up and hum. Coulson closed his eyes.

"What do you see?" Skye asked. "Where are you?"

"The Guest house," Coulson answered. "In the interview room."

"Do you recognize anyone?"

"I'm alone."

"Concentrate on Agent Stevens."

"How do you feel today?" Coulson basically began to have a conversation with himself. "Do you remember how you got here....? She's here. She's doing well."

"And the others, how many are there?"

Six patients, well adjusted... I'm recommending immediate release."

Skye began looking at her tablet, jotting down the information. Everything was okay for a few moments, until:

"His heart rate is spiking," Simmons stated. Y/N quickly moved closer to the man, worried.