sixty-three

"Sir, I've located both Ms. Potts and Agent Rogers," JARVIS informed Tony.

"About time."

"Agent Rogers seems to be in the most distress and the closest to the fight."

Tony looked at the women's positions on the screen. Pepper was on the other side of the ship yard, clearly away from the danger. So that made his decision much easier. He flew to were the main control room was. He looked around and saw Y/N unconscious under some rubble. Tony began to lift it up but it shifted more rubble closer to Y/N.

She gasped, awakened by the pain. "Stop!" She yelled. "Put it down. Put it down. Put it down." Tony gently put the rubble back down.

Tony knelt down and his face plate flipped open. "See what happens when you hang out with my ex-girlfriends?" He reached a hand towards her.

"You're such a jerk."

"Yep. We'll talk about it over dinner."

Y/N began sobbing. "Dinner?" She reached out her hand to met up with his.

"Yep. You deserve it after all the hell I continually put you through. Come on." He urged her on. "A little more, baby."

Their finger tips grazed as Y/N strained to reach him. They had finally connected when a glowing hand shot up out of the floor and grabbed onto the suits reactor. The hand threw Tony backwards. A glowing Killian, appeared through the hole in the floor.

"Is this guy bothering you?" Killian pointed to Tony while looking at Y/N. Killian quickly jumped up and straddled Tony. "Don't get up." He set a finger onto the suit and began heating it up. "Ooh. Is it hot in there? Stuck? Do you feel a little stuck? Like a little turtle, cooking in his little turtle suit."

"Tony," Y/N gasped.

"She's watching," Killian taunted. "I think you should close your eyes." Killian told Tony. "Close your eyes. Close your eyes. You don't want to see this."

Killian raised his fist to hit Tony. A dagger shot out of Tony's suit and he cut Killian's arm off. Killian stood up, grunting, trying to regain his composer. The Extremis was slowing growing his arm back.

"Yeah, you take a minute." Tony said.

The arm that had been cut off, ate away at the metal floor, causing it to give way. Y/N fell through, screaming, barely hanging onto the rubble. Where Y/N was stuck ,began moving as Tony exited his suit. He ran out of the control room, trying to follow where Y/N was being taken. He looked to were the end point was, it would throw her into the water or into an explosion. But he knew she would be stuck in the rubble with no way out.

"JARVIS, give me a suit right now!" Tony demanded as he ran to get to Y/N. As soon as a suit appeared, it was shot out of Tony's reach. "Oh, come on!" But he continued on. He was jumping and climbing and running. Now realizing that it was stupid of him to not have broken up with Pepper and tell Y/N the truth the moment she had stepped back into his life.

After jumping off a ledge and taking a not so graceful landing, Rhodey came over the comms, "The President is secure, Tony."

"Nice work."

"I'm clearing the area."

"Wait! Get Pepper first. JARVIS will locate her for you. I'm trying to get to Y/N."

"I'm on it."

Tony finally reached a place were he was below Y/N. She was whimpering, hanging upside down, and trying to hold on with one hand while reaching out with the other. This was one of her worst nightmares. She was going to fall to her death, again. Tony stood so that he was as high as he could be to her while still having a stable footing.