thirty-four

Two days later, Happy and Tony were sparing in a boxing ring. Tony needed to let out some frustrations with how professional Y/N was acting. Y/N was in there too, doing her own exercising. She was trying to avoid thinking about Tony dying and who Fury was sending in to help.

"The notary's here!" Pepper announced, coming into the room. "Can you please come sign the transfer paperwork?" She asked Tony.

"I'm on Happy's time," he responded before hitting Happy in the face with is elbow. "Sorry."

"What the hell was that?" Happy questioned.

"It's called mixed martial arts. It's been around for three weeks."

"It's called dirty boxing, there's nothing new about it."

"All right, put them up. Come on."

Y/N heard another set of heels and looked to see the notary walk it. Y/N froze as she met Natasha's eyes. Her face hardened at the sight of her friend, while Nat's eyes plead with her to keep her cool. Tony and Happy's attention had also shifted to her.

"I promise this is the only time I will ask you to sign over your company," Pepper said.

Natasha walked over to Pepper, holding some papers and a pen out to her. "I need you to initial each box," she directed.

Y/N turned and headed to the punching bag, taking everything she could out on it. She didn't even flinch when Tony kicked Happy, throwing him into the corner of the ring. Natasha and Pepper looked over though, causing Natasha to also see Y/N attacking the punching bag. She let out a quiet sigh. Fury had warned Nat that Y/N would probably be mad about it, but had also said that Y/N would get over it.

"That's it. I'm done," Tony said. He grabbed is water bottle and pointed at Natasha. "What's your name, lady?"

"Rushman," Natasha answered. "Natalie Rushman." Y/N rolled her eyes. Not like Y/N's alias was any better but, Natalie? Really?

"Front and center. Come into the church," Tony requested.

"No," Pepper said. "You're seriously not gonna ask-"

"If it pleases the court, which it does."

"It's not problem," Natasha said to Pepper.

"I'm sorry," Pepper apologized. "He's very eccentric."

Y/N stopped what she was doing and watch Nat enter the ring. Tony studied the new woman and he drank more of the green liquid from his water bottle.

"Can you give her a lesson?" Tony asked Happy.

"No problem," Happy replied.

Tony stepped out of the ring, motioning to Y/N as he headed towards Pepper. "Y/N," he called. "Pepper."

"What?" Pepper questioned as she sat down and Y/N came up to them.

"Who is she?" Tony asked, sitting next to Pepper.

"She's from legal," Pepper answered. "And she is potentially a very expensive sexual harassment lawsuit if you keep ogling her like that." Y/N felt a serge of jealously flow through her.

"I need a new assistant, boss."

"Yes, and I've got three excellent potential candidates. They're lined up and ready to meet you."

"I don't have time to meet. I need someone now. I feel like it's her."

"Really?" Y/N questioned, folding her arms over her chest and looking at Tony. "I don't think so."

"How do I spell your name, Natalie?"

"R, U, S, H, M, A, N."

"What, are you gonna google her now?" Pepper wondered.

"I thought I was ogling her," Tony responded, typing at the screen's table beside him. He began flipping through the information, with Y/N standing above him. "Wow. Very, very impressive individual."

"You're so predictable, you know that?"

"She's fluent in French, Italian, Russian, Latin. Who speaks Latin?"

"No one speaks Latin."

"No one speaks Latin?"

"It's a neat language you can read Latin or you can write Latin, but you can't speak Latin." Pictures of Natasha in lingerie popped up on the screen.

"Cur curo unum tantum homines?" Y/N spoke in Latin. (Why do men only care about on thing?)

"What was that?" Tony asked, him and Pepper looking at Y/N. "Was that Latin?" He looked at Pepper. "Apparently you can speak Latin." He looked back down at the screen. "Did either of you model in Tokyo? 'Cause she modeled in Tokyo."

"Well..." Pepper gave Y/N a look, saying that he was clearing just into Natasha- Natalie because of one thing.

"I need her. She's got everything that I need."

"Are you serious?" Y/N questioned, clearly upset. "And what exactly do you need from her?"

Suddenly, the three heard a large thud. They looked over at the boxing ring, to see that Nat had taken down Happy.

"Oh my gosh!" Pepper exclaimed. "Happy!"

"That's what I'm talking about," Tony said, heading back to the boxing ring.

"I just slipped," Happy stated.

"You did?"

"Yeah." Y/N grimaced for Happy as she watched him get up. He clearly was in pain.

"Looks like a TKO to me." Tony rung the bell and Nat left the ring, grabbing her folder of papers. "You might be able to hold your own against Y/N." Tony nodded his head in Y/N's direction. "Happy refuses to go against her anymore."

"I just, uhh... I need your impression," Nat told Tony.

"You have quiet a reserve," Tony replied, studying the woman. "I don't know, you have an old soul."

"I meant your fingerprint."

"Right."

"So, how are we doing?" Pepper asked, walking up.

"Great. Just wrapping up here," Tony responded, pressing his thumb where Nat needed it. "Hey, you're the boss."

"Will that be all, Mr. Stark?" Natalie inquired.

"No," he said, almost too quickly.

"Yes," Pepper answered as well. "That will be all, Ms. Rushman. Thank you very much."

"I'll walk you out," Y/N offered.

Nat give her a small smile and a slight nod before they walked out of the room. Y/N waited until they were far enough away before throwing Natasha against the wall, pinning her to it.

"What the hell, Nat?" She questioned through gritted teeth. "What is going on and why haven't I been told?"

"It's good to see you too, Y/N," she replied.

"Tell me what's going on."

"I can't. Especially here. You just need to go along with it."

Y/N pressed her forearm against Nat's neck. "Go along with what?"

"Do you trust me?"

Y/N looked down, sighing. She dropped her arms, unpinning her friend from the wall. "I do."

"Then just follow my lead. I'm just trying to get all the info I can so we can save him."