ninety-eight

"I guess I just don't understand how her bracelets stopped working in the first place," Steve said.

"Like, I told you before, Old Man," Tony began, clearly frustrated, "Wherever she is, they are blocking the sensors from-"

A thud came from the other side of the lab. Steve and Tony were now on high alert. But that alert soon turned into relief once Y/N stood up from behind one of the tables.

"Y/N!" The men exclaimed, hurrying towards the woman.

"I'm fine, I'm fine," she said as she got brought into a hug by her brother.

"Where were you?" Steve asked.

"Honestly, no idea. At some city, secluded in some mountains."

"Are you alright?" Tony fussed, looking over her body.

"Yeah. Nothing happened."

"Was Skye there?"

"Yes and her mother."

"Her mother?"

"Her mother is the leader of where we were taken. That's why she stayed, to get to know her. I have to get a hold of my team though. They're going to need help."

~~~

Hunter and Coulson had been rescued by Mike Peterson in a quinjet after the 'new SHIELD' tried to take them in. They were now rescuing Fitz, who had escaped with Fury's toolbox. The quinjet was cloaked and waiting on a roof that Fitz was suppose to meet them on. Fitz was running up the parking garage, being followed by the SHIELD agents assigned to track him. He ran into the quinjet, breathing heavily. Hunter and Coulson were watching the monitor.

"That won't end well," Hunter commented.

One of the agents trailing Fitz, ran towards the cloaked quinjet, running smack dab into it. The agent Gell onto his back as the men grimaced at his hit.

"Get us in the air," Coulson ordered.

"Will do," Mike replied.

"Mike?" Fitz questioned.

"Hey, Fitz." Mike glanced over his shoulder. "Good to see you again."

"New hardware," Fitz noted, walking towards Mike. "Hey, how did you upgrade-"

"Not now," Fitz," Coulson stopped him.

"Strap in," Hunter said.

They moved to the back of the plane as Mike flew them out of there. They sat down and strapped themselves in.

"Hey, those tips for evading the tail were very useful," Fitz said. "Thanks."

"The toolbox?" Coulson wonders.

Fitz took it out of his backpack and tossed it to Coulson. "Yeah, it's been a while since I've been in the field solo." Coulson turned on the box and set it on the floor of the plane. "Not since, um..." Fitz continued, touching his head.

"Well, it looks like you held up all right," Hunter commented.

"Yeah, held up quite well, actually. And you?"

"Fitz, we need to find Skye and Y/N," Coulson stated. "Problem is, all we know is that they were both taken by the same powered man who took Raina and Cal."

"Do we have any leads?"

"Sir, there's an incoming transmission," Mike informed them. "It's coming from the private line."

"It's probably, Stark," Coulson replied. "Patch him through, let's see if he's figured anything out about Skye and Y/N's monitors."

"On it."