~ 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓞𝓷𝓮 𝓗𝓾𝓷𝓭𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓐𝓷𝓭 𝓢𝓲𝔁𝓽𝔂 𝓢𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓷 ~

Chapter One Hundred And Sixty Seven: An Unexpected Surprise

When Lina was little she dreamed of marvellous things, dragons and fairies, big dogs and stags

When Lina was little she dreamed of marvellous things, dragons and fairies, big dogs and stags. She dreamed that anything was possible if you tried hard enough and believed good things happened to good people and bad things happened to bad people.

It didn't take long for that thought to be proven wrong. After all her mum wasn't a bad person, Remus wasn't a bad person and until several years ago she realised her dad wasn't a bad person. And Lina Liked to believe that she wasn't a bad person.

Yes she had done bad things, telling Pettigrew to kill himself without regret would haunt her for the rest of her life but she didn't think she deserved to go through all that torture for seven months even if Narcissa claimed it was to protect her.

Cedric had always tried to see the best in people too, he valued hard work and loyalty and to him, the love of his life was the most loyal person out there. She always defended and treated him kindly and like family and she was kind to Narcissa and respected her. Look where that led her.

For a day and a half Cedric watched Lina sleep, he watched her chest steadily rise and fall terrified that if he closed his eyes for more than the time a blink took Lina would stop breathing. He didn't move from her bedside and when it came to eating or needing the toilet or sleeping for a couple of hours he would ensure either Bill or Fleur were watching over Lina.

When Lina did wake it was midday, the sun was shining through a small slit where the curtains had parted slightly. Her brain felt foggy, clouded from the deep sleep she had been in but she felt more rested and away than she was in a long time.

"...Harry, Ron, Hermione and Dean asked how you were today too" she heard Cedric say "and Luna wondered if she could sit by your bedside and tell you a story, but I don't if you'd be able to hear it, after all, you're only sleeping. please only be sleeping."

"I was sleeping," Lina said opening her eyes "and it was lovely."

Cedric looked shocked, his eyes widened dramatically and the hold he had on Lina's hand tightened. "What?"

Lina smiled fondly at him and studied every inch of his beautiful face, his beautiful blue eye, his sharp jawline where stubble had started to grow and his hair had grown slightly longer, all Lina wanted to do was run her hands through it. The emotions of seeing him again grew to be too much and Lina began to cry "hi honey" she said with a smile on her face.

"I've missed you so much," Cedric said, without even waiting for Lina to sit up her lent down to hug her and began to sob too.

The reunited couple stayed in each other embrace for several minutes until finally, reluctantly and only because he wanted to talk to her Cedric sat up but kept holding Lina's hand.

"Well that was manly" Cedric chuckled wiping his tears away.

Lina smiled again and even let out a little laugh "It was cute, and you are the definition of manly." She reached up and placed a hand on his cheek, he leaned into her touch "I've missed you too if it wasn't obvious."