~ 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓞𝓷𝓮 𝓗𝓾𝓷𝓭𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓐𝓷𝓭 𝓢𝓲𝔁𝓽𝔂 𝓝𝓲𝓷𝓮 ~

Chapter One Hundred And Sixty Nine: The Battle Of Hogwarts

By the time Lina, Cedric, Fleur, Bill, Fred and George reached the great hall Professor McGonagall was already speaking to the students who were all sat at their house tables

The Professor was speaking from the raised platform at the top of the hall. Behind her stood the remaining teachers, including the centaur Firenze and the order of the phoenix members who had arrived to fight, That was where the group of six stood.

"...evacuation will be overseen by Mr Filch and Madame Pomfrey. Prefects when I give the word, you will organise your house and take your charges in an orderly fashion to the evacuation point.

Lina saw Harry enter the hall and move along the edge of the hall.

Many of the students looked petrified but Ernie McMillan stood up at the Hufflepuff table and shouted "and what if we want to stay and fight?"

"If you are of age, you may stay" Professor McGonagall answered.

"What about our things?" A Ravenclaw girl called out "our trunks? Our owls?"

"We have no time to collect possessions. The important thing is to get you out of here safely."

"Where's Professor Snape?" Shouted a Slytherin girl.

"He has to use the common phrase, done a bunk" McGonagall replied. A great cheer erupted from the Gryffindor's Hufflepuff's and Ravenclaw's.

As Harry walked alongside the Gryffindor table, faces turned to watch him and a great deal of whispering broke out.

"We have already placed protection around the castle" McGonagall continued "but it is unlikely to hold for very long unless we reinforce it. I must ask you, therefore to move quickly and calmly, and do as your prefects-"

But the rest of her words were drowned out as a different voice echoed throughout the hall. It was high, cold and clear there was no telling where it came from, it seemed to issue from the walls themselves.

"I know that you are preparing to fight."

There were screams amongst the students, some of whom clutched onto each other, looking around in terror for the source of the sound. Behind Professor McGonagall, Lina's gripped on Cedric's hand tightened considerably and Danny had pulled Lucy closer to him.

"Your efforts are futile. You cannot fight me. I do not want to spill magical blood. Give me Harry Potter, and none shall be harmed. Give me Harry Potter, and I shall leave the school untouched. Give me Harry Potter and you will be rewarded. You have until midnight."

Silence followed Voldemort's speech. Every head turned, every eye in the place, found Harry.

Then a figure rose from the Slytherin table. Pansy Parkinson raised a shaking arm and screamed "but he's there! Potter's there! Someone grab him!"