~ 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓣𝓱𝓲𝓻𝓽𝔂-𝓣𝓱𝓻𝓮𝓮 ~

Chapter Thirty-Three: Troll in the dungeons!

Throughout the entirety of care of magical creatures Lina wasn't focused on her lessons, or about the fireworks and Snape's face rather it was on the Halloween feast tonight, for an hour straight Lina went back and forth between the pros and cons ...

Throughout the entirety of care of magical creatures Lina wasn't focused on her lessons, or about the fireworks and Snape's face rather it was on the Halloween feast tonight, for an hour straight Lina went back and forth between the pros and cons of going tonight, on one side she wanted to go to at least one Halloween feast but on the other she really hated Halloween but nothing would go wrong she told herself. By the time the bell for the end of the day rang she had made her mind up.

***

The great hall looked amazing. A thousand live bats flapped their black wings around the room, and pumpkins the size of footballs had been carved with all different facial expressions, they each had a single candle in them and were floating high above the student's heads. 

"I still can't believe you actually decided to come," Danny said to Lina, the four friends sat in their usual positions, Danny and Lucy next to each other and Cedric and Lina next to each other, the boys were opposite each other as were the girls.

"Honestly neither can I" Lina replied looking around the room "this is amazing" a bat flew down so low that its wings ruffled the hair on top of her head.

"So are we gonna see you here next year?" Cedric asked.

"Maybe."

The golden plates laid out on the tables suddenly filled with food, Lina eagerly reached for the sausages when Professor Quirrell came sprinting into the hall his face paleand terror-stricken, everyone paused and looked at him "troll, in the dungeons - thought you ought to know." He then collapsed.

Students reacted immediately, some younger students started to cry while others screamed. Several purple firecrackers exp loaded out of Professor Dumbledore's wand to silence the crowd. "Prefects, lead your houses back to the dormitories immediately!"

It was a rush of confusion and panic, students were pushing each other out of the way to leave the hall first, Lina held tightly onto Cedric's hand so she didn't get pushed in the wrong direction. The two didn't let go of each other until they were safely back in the Hufflepuff common room. Lina, Lucy, Danny and Cedric quickly found an empty table in the far corner of the room "how the fuck did a troll get into the school there dumb as shit" Lucy said.

"It wouldn't surprise me if it was Peeves or someone else doing it as a joke," Danny said.

"Well, whoever it was ruined the feast," Cedric said crossing his arms and leaned back into his chair "and it was Lina's first one" the three simultaneously turned to face her.

"I'm not going next year," she said.

"One tiny incident-"

"Not that trolls are tiny-"

Lucy rolled her eyes "you can't let this one thing stop you."

Suddenly in front of every Hufflepuff, a golden plate appeared and moments later mountains of food appeared also, the students immediately tucked in. "Well, it's nice to know we're still getting fed," Danny said before shoving s forkful of mash potato into his mouth.

"Do you think this means they found the troll?" Cedric asked.

"Hopefully, but all I'm saying is it's just my luck that the one time I decide to go to the Halloween feast a bloody troll finds its way into the castle" Lina replied.

"But imagine if you hadn't gone tonight, a troll on the loose and you were in the library completely unaware of what was happening," Danny said, Lina shuddered just thinking about what could have happened.

"Keeping it light and happy as always Danny," Lucy said, Danny replied with flipping Lucy the bird.

Once everyone had eaten their dinner the desserts appeared, Lina was halfway through her pumpkin tart when Professor Sprout entered, any chatter immediately died "the troll has been found and appropriately dealt with, no need to panic. Enjoy the rest of your evening but remember you still have lessons tomorrow. Goodnight" she gave the now relieved students a reassuring smile before she left the way she came.