~ 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓣𝓱𝓲𝓻𝓽𝔂 ~

Chapter Thirty: Lost Boys

"Why did I pick Arithmancy" Lina groaned, her head fell onto the Hufflepuff table in the great hall, "I thought it would be a good idea, oh how wrong I was

"Why did I pick Arithmancy" Lina groaned, her head fell onto the Hufflepuff table in the great hall, "I thought it would be a good idea, oh how wrong I was."

"So how's Arithmancy going," Danny asked watching his friend in amusement.

Lina lifted her head up and placed it on her hand "I felt like an idiot, Professor Vector would ask a question and I'd just sit there clueless, I've never felt more stupid in my life. Is it too early to drop it?"

"You've had two lessons Eve," Cedric said.

"Yeah and I'm useless. Why did I have to have it first on a Friday it's-"

"Bullshit" Lucy offered.

"Exactly!" Lina groaned again and let her head fall back onto the table "I'm writing to Bill tomorrow for help."

Cedric who was sitting next to her placed a comforting hand on her shoulder "Eve you've had two lessons, of course you're not going to get it immediately. If by this time next week you're still struggling I'll help you and if you still can't get it then write for help."

Lina peeked up at Cedric "you'd do that for me?"

"Of course I would."

Lina practically flew from her seat to wrap her arms around Cedric "thank you, thank you, thank you."

"It's alright Eve" it was then the bell signalling the end of lunch "come on I'll walk you to lesson, what you got now?"

Lina pulled her timetable out "herbology, greenhouse three" as she put her timetable away her heart stopped, there packed away next to her Arithmancy book was her book on healers, the book she borrowed throughout the holidays, the book she was meant to give back a week ago. "Oh no."

"What?" Lucy asked.

Lina's face turned pale just thinking about the wrath of Madam Pince "Oh no."

"What!" Lucy exclaimed slowly getting annoyed.

"I'll see you guys later, I have to go to the library to return a very overdue book. If I don't return I love you all."

The three grimaced knowing how the Hogwarts librarian got about her books "do you want one of us to go with you?" Cedric asked.

"No, if any of you come with me you'll end up being late to your lesson, and who do you have next?"

"Snape" Danny answered.

"Exactly, no I'll be okay. I hope" Lina picked her bag up and all but ran to the library, the silent atmosphere did not help Lina's nerves as she approached Madam Pince's desk "I'm here to return a book."

Madam Pince pursed her lips "Oh I know the book you want the return, the one that's overdue by a week" she held her hand out and Lina placed the book in her hands "if I find one page bent, crinkled, singed or anything of the sort I will hold you personally responsible and not let you take another book out of my eyesight. Do you understand?" Lina nodded "good."

Lina left the library in a hurry, breathing a sigh of relief when she was out, Madam Pince was a scary lady, she could even give Professor Snape a run for his money. She started to head towards herbology and was nearly out of the castle when she heard two voices, both boys and one she knew.

"I think it's this way" she heard Ron say

"Really, I thought it was the other way" a boy replied.

Lina approached the two boys ready to help, she knew it would make her even later but she couldn't let them suffer, they were only first years and with Lina having Professor Sprout she hoped her teacher would understand. "Are you two alright?"

The boys turned around to face Lina, a look of relief across both Ron's and Harry Potter's face "Lee!" Ron cheered "I've never been gladder to see you."

"Shouldn't you two be in class?" Lina asked.

"We, we got lost" Harry sheepishly replied.

"What lesson are you meant to be in?"

"Transfiguration with McGonagall" Ron replied.

"Come on, I'll take you both."

"But won't you be late?" Harry asked.

"I already am" she started walking in the opposite direction to the one she needed to go in, the boys walking either side of her "luckily though I have herbology with Professor Sprout, I'm hoping once I explain what happened she won't give me detention." It wasn't too long before they reached Professor McGonagall's classroom "here we are, good luck" she smiled at the boys before she left them in a hurry. In fact, she ran all the way to greenhouse three, by the time she got there she was fifteen minutes late and panting heavily in the doorway.

"Ah, Miss Black how good of you to join us," Professor Sprout said, a snapping plant in a pot in front of her "do you care to explain where you've been."

"I'm so sorry Professor, I was on my way here but I bumped into two first years who were very lost."

"Dittany is used primarily for what purpose?"

Lina paused thinking but then thankfully she remembered "healing."

"Very good, take a seat" Lina rushed to her seat in between the twins "Oh and Miss Black five points to Hufflepuff for being so helpful" Lina gave her Professor a grateful smile.

"So who're the idiots who got lost?" Fred asked.

"Your brother" Lina replied.

"Was he with harry?" George asked.

"Yeah. If only those two had a map" Lina teased.

"Never going to happen" they both exclaimed, Lina had to hush them both before any of them lost any house points.