~ 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓞𝓷𝓮 𝓗𝓾𝓷𝓭𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓐𝓷𝓭 𝓕𝓲𝓯𝓽𝔂 𝓕𝓸𝓾𝓻 ~

Chapter One Hundred And Fifty Four: Because You Love Me

Lina thought this was going to be a good idea, that it would give her a sense of closure but all it did was make her want to curl up in a corner somewhere and cry

Lina stood in between Remus and Cedric, she was gripping onto her boyfriend's hand until her knuckles turned white and his hand ached to the point of pain, but Cedric wasn't going to tell Lina that.

A gentle wind blew across the graveyard, making the girl's hair gently tickle her face, she pushed it away as a more wind wrapped around them, this gust was warm and reminded Lina of a warm hug. She imagined, considering where she was stood, that it was a hug from her parents letting her know that everything was going to be alright.

"Does anyone want to say anything?" Remus asked breaking the grieving silence.

Lina knew she ought to, as Sirius's only child it would make sense but what would she say that nobody already knew? That she missed her father? That while she mostly blamed Harry for Sirius's death, maybe some part of it was her fault, she should have fought harder against Harry and the others, she knows she should have. Should she say that while it would be better if he was here with them where he was needed at least he was with Marlene, and James, and Lily, he was with his family.

Andromeda was the one to speak in the end, she spoke of memories long ago, about how Sirius was the only one who never judged her for falling in love with a muggle and how she, in turn, supported him when he and Marlene had Lina so young. She spoke of more childhood memories that Lina just couldn't bear to listen to.

He way to almost ignore her father's death wasn't healthy and she was very aware of this but she had never lost anyone and been aware of it before, she wasn't sure how to grieve correctly or even if there was a correct way to do so.

The memorial passed quickly without Lina even uttering a word. The small group were worried about her behaviour but she refused to take her eyes off the fresh inscription on Marlene's grave.

Sirius Orion Black
3rd November 1959 - 18th June 1996

His death was now set in stone.

Her eyes read and re-read the writing over and over again, she had blocked out everything around her, she wasn't even aware that Andromeda, Ted and Dora left. She hadn't even noticed that Cedric had let go of her hand and leave with the others and she was only just aware of Remus wrapping his arm around Lina's shoulder gently pulling her closer.

"He loved you more than anything," Remus said, he too was looking only at the grave.

"Sometimes I believed that" Lina whispered speaking her first words in more than an hour "sometimes I didn't. He spent so much time with Harry that sometimes I think he forgot about me."