~ 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓕𝓲𝓯𝓽𝔂-𝓣𝓱𝓻𝓮𝓮 ~

Chapter Fifty-Three: Lights Out

Hufflepuff's next quidditch match was against Gryffindor

Hufflepuff's next quidditch match was against Gryffindor. Lina loved her quidditch practices, with her friends studying at any waking moment for their O.W.L.S practice became the only time she got to see them without feeling like she was distracting. Even Danny and Lucy came out to watch, Lucy said she only came because she wanted to watch Lina and Cedric slowly fall in love to which Lina just rolled her eyes in reply.

Lina noticed over the next two weeks with her friends constantly revising, she was too. Her wandless magic improved, she had even been able to conjure the smallest wisps of the Patronus charm.

Three days before the quidditch match, Lina decided to stay late at the library, she had herbology homework due on the properties of algae and she wanted to review the list of spells McGonagall had given her.

The time was near eleven when Madam Pince finally told Lina to leave, she gathered up her thing and left. As she made the journey back she realised that the last time she had been walking through the castle at such a late time alone was the night Mrs Norris had been attacked, Lina shuddered and readjusted the strap of her bag on her shoulder.

Lina began to hum to herself to create some noise so she wasn't consumed in quiet, she headed to the staircase but halfway there she had the oddest feeling she was being followed, Lina checked behind her but all she saw was the darkened corridor she had just come from.

"You're being stupid," Lina told herself shaking her head. When the staircase aliened Lina went down still humming to herself.

Suddenly she felt two hands push hard on her back, Lina didn't have time to balance herself or grab onto something, Lina went tumbling down, it was like her voice was lost Lina couldn't scream or call out and just when she thought she might be able to she hit her head on a stone step knocking her unconscious, her limbs left askew, blood from her head matting her hair.

Lina wasn't found until an hour later, Peeves was dancing through the air looking for a prefect to annoy before their shift for the night ended when he saw her. He flew down to get a closer look and when he did he began to scream.

"MURDER! MURDER" NO ONE IS SAFE, PURE BLOOD OR MUGGLE BORN. MURDERRRRRRRR" Peeves continued to scream until he finally attracted the attention of someone.

"Peeves" Percy snapped storming over "what are you yelling about. Nobody's been-" Percy cut himself off when he spotted Lina. He knelt by her side but he didn't know what to do, his mind was clouded, Lina was family and while he may not always act like it, he did see her as another sister. "Pe, Peeves get someone."

"Like who," the poltergeist asked crossing his arms.

"Professor McGonagall, Dumbledore, Snape, I don't care. Just. Get. Someone!"

For once Peeves didn't make a joke or insult Percy, even he knew better, Peeves whizzed away leaving a helpless Peeves.

"Please don't be dead, please don't be dead" Percy kept saying to himself until Peeves returned with McGonagall.