~ 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓕𝓲𝓯𝓽𝔂-𝓔𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽 ~

Chapter Fifty-Eight: Dementor

BLACK STILL AT LARGE Sirius Black, possible the most infamous prisoner ever to be held in Azkaban fortress, is still eluding capture, the ministry confirmed today

Sirius Black, possible the most infamous prisoner ever to be held in Azkaban fortress, is still eluding capture, the ministry confirmed today.
'We are doing all we can to recapture Black' said the minister for magic Cornelius Fudge, this morning, 'and we beg the magical community to remind calm."
Fudge has been criticised by some members of the International Federation of Warlocks for informing the Muggle Prime Minister of the crisis.
'Well really, I had to, don't you know' said an irritable Fudge 'Black is mad. He's a danger to anyone who crossed him, magic or muggle I have the Prime Minister's assurance that he will not breathe a word of Black's true identity to anyone. And let's face it, who'd believe him if he did?"
While Muggles have been told that Black is carrying a gun (a kind of metal wand which muggles use to kill each other) the magical community lives in fear of a massacre like that of twelve years ago when Black murdered thirteen people with a single curse.

Lina threw the paper across the room, it interrupted into flames mid-air and was nothing but ash when it reached the floor.

"I bet your glad you don't know your parents," Lina said to Demeter.

Lina sat on her bed and let her head fall on her pillow, the news about her father's escape had reached all corners of the country, everyone knew. She had received several letters from her friends and the Weasley's but she ignored them all, she didn't want to read about how people felt sorry for her, or that the ministry would get her dad in no time, Lina didn't want to hear any of it.

She picked up the wanted poster for the millionth time that day, nothing had changed, Sirius still looked mad and empty. Lina wondered if he really looked like that or was it just the photo? Was he really as mad as everyone said he was or was there some tiny bit of her dad, the one that loved her and her mother left?

A knock on Lina's shut door made Lina stuff the poster under her pillow. "Lina" Remus called out "I'm going to Diagon Alley to get your school things, are you sure you don't want to come?"

"Yes," Lina replied and pulled the poster out again.

Remus didn't say anything in reply, he just left with Lina's school letter.

***

"School is going to be awful, isn't it?" Lina asked Demeter "the looks, the whispers, it was bad enough when everyone first found out about dad. Maybe I could stay home this year, get Aunt Andie to home school me or go to a completely different school altogether, far, far, far away."

"Now I don't think you'd really leave me with only these two for company," Lucy said.

Wait, Lucy, Lina snapped her eyes to the door, Lucy was indeed there standing in her door way with Cedric and Danny on either side of her. "What are you three doing here?" Lina asked.