~ 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓝𝓲𝓷𝓮𝓽𝔂-𝓕𝓸𝓾𝓻 ~

Chapter Ninety-Four: My Cousin The Ferret

Buttered toast with strawberry jam and pumpkin juice was the breakfast of choice for the first day of term

Buttered toast with strawberry jam and pumpkin juice was the breakfast of choice for the first day of term. Lucy sat opposite Lina with a bacon sandwich and a goblet of water, the boys were still in the common room having taken longer than normal to get ready.

Lina wasn't talking nor was she eating, she stared down at her plate with a million different thought swirling around her head, annoyingly though they were all about the same grey-eyed boy.

"Talk," Lucy said, "before you explode."

"Where'd you want to start" Lina sighed.

"Well considering we both know exactly what or rather who you're thinking about, how about we start there," Lucy said ignoring her breakfast.

Lina looked around the room and puffed out her cheeks, she then looked back at Lucy "I decided I'm going go ask Cedric out this year and tell him how I feel."

"But?"

"But, I'm terrified about this Tournament, what if he becomes the champion as he should because he deserves it but the Tournament is dangerous, I have this really bad feeling about it and what if something happens to him?"

"Dumbledore will not let anything bad happen to any of the champions so that shouldn't be the reason why you don't tell him how you feel, if anything that should give you more of a reason to tell him but there's no point in worrying, Cedric might not even become champion. So stop overthinking, you're just going to overwhelm yourself. Alright?"

"Alright" Lina chuckled "you know sometimes you can be quite smart."

"Well duh, no offence but you wizards can be dumb as fuck, sometimes you need my Muggle wisdom to balance life out."

"Good morning Hufflefucks!" Danny yelled arms spread wide as he and Cedric walked over to the girls. Several first years looked at them with shocked faces.

"And the twats have risen!" Lucy replied the first year's eyes widened to the point they looked like they were going to pop out of their heads.

"Guys first years," Lina said.

"They need to learn sooner or later," Danny said filling his plate up with food.

"Do you guys forget I'm a prefect, I could literally take away house points" Cedric said sitting down next to Lina.

"But you won't," Danny said pointing his fork at Cedric.

It was then that the owl post arrived, several Daily Prophets were dropped along the table and a letter in front of Lina, she opened it eagerly hoping for it to be Sirius but when she saw it wasn't she slumped her shoulders.

"What is it?" Cedric asked.

"A letter from Professor McGonagall saying when I'm working in the hospital wing" Lina shrugged.