~ 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓞𝓷𝓮 𝓗𝓾𝓷𝓭𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓐𝓷𝓭 𝓕𝓸𝓻𝓽𝔂 𝓣𝓱𝓻𝓮𝓮 ~

Chapter One Hundred And Forty-Three: The Knight Bus

Lina had loved being at home for Christmas but it had been a nightmare hiding what had happened to her hand, a task in which she had failed

Lina had loved being at home for Christmas but it had been a nightmare hiding what had happened to her hand, a task in which she had failed. Within half hour at being at the Tonks's, Andromeda had found out.

Lina, Ted and Tonks had spent less time eating their dinner that day and more time trying to restrain Andromeda from going up to the school and quote 'set the bitch on fire and roast marshmallows over the flames ' while Cedric watched on not entirely sure what to do apart from silently cheering her on.

And then Lina had to tell Remus and Sirius about her moving in with Cedric. Lina winced thinking back  to that moment, she honestly wasn't sure who reacted worse, Sirius, Remus or...Bill.

After the festive period was over and on the last day of their holidays Mr Weasely was released from the hospital, his arm was fully healed much to everyone's relief.

That day Harry as almost informed that on the orders of Dumbledore that he would have to take private Occulamancy lessons with Snape, Lina wasn't sure who was more bothered by the decision Harry or Sirius.

The next day, the day they were due to go back to school Lina didn't smile once, not as she packed or ate breakfast not even Fred and George could make her smile. That was why Lina had forbidden Cedric to be there when she left for school, it would hurt too much.

For reasons not told to Lina, they were returning to school on the night bus accompanied by Remus and Tonks both of whom were acting incredibly strange, stopping whispered conversations at the sight of anyone else.

Lina was the last to leave Grimmauld Place, she had hesitated, wanting to say goodbye to Sirius without prying ears.

"I'm going miss you, dad," Lina said, she felt guilty, she should have spent more time with him over the break.

Sirius placed both his hands on either side of Lina's face "come now Angel, you'll see me again."

"I know" Lina sniffed "it's just I have so much to keep me here, I don't want to go back to school."

"Is that the only reason why you don't want to go back to school?" Sirius asked with scrutinising eyes "because you're going to miss me and everyone else?"

"What?"

"You don't think I haven't noticed your strange behaviour? Evangelina, I'm your father and I may not be very good at it but I do notice things."

There was nowhere to hide, soon Lina's secret would be known to all "I-"

Tonks suddenly opened the door and poked her head through the crack "sorry you two" she said, "but Lina we've really got to go."

"Right" Lina shoved her hand back into her jeans pocket "see you soon dad." Lina rushed out the door to join the other before Sirius could stop her.

"Are you alright?" Remus asked looking down at his niece concerned.

"Yeah, I'm fine," Lina said convincingly, she was slowly getting tired of repeating that sentence "what about you?"

"What about me?"

"You and Dora are acting weird, what's going on?"

"It's...nothing you need to worry about," Remus said. Before Lina could delve deeper into the obvious secret-keeping, Remus had stuck out his right arm.

  BANG

A purple triple-decker bus appeared out of nowhere in front of the group narrowly avoiding the nearest lamppost, which jumped backwards out of the way.

A think, pimply young-looking man wearing a purple uniform leapt down onto the pavement. "Welcome to the-"

"Yes, yes, we know, thank you," Tonk said swiftly "on, on, get on-" she pushed Harry forwards towards the steps, passed the conductor who got a good look at Harry's face.

"Ere - its Arry," the conductor said.

"If you shout his name I will curse you into oblivion" Tonks muttered menacingly pushing forward Lina, Ginny and Hermione.

For the first time that day Lina felt like she as going to smile, Tonks sounded exactly like her mother and Lina couldn't wait to tell her.

"I've always wanted to go on this thing," Ron said happily joining the others on the bus.

The floor they had boarded on had an assortment of mismatched chairs by the windows, some of which had fallen over at the sudden stop at Grimmauld Place. A few witches and wizards were getting back up to their feet grumbling in annoyance and somebody's shopping bag had spilt out onto the floor. Lina's nose twitched as she saw the mix of frogspawn, cockroaches and custard creams.

"Looks like we'll have to split up," Tonks said looking around fro empty chairs "Lina, Fred and George and Ginny if you just take those seats at the back...Remus can stay with you."

Lina eagerly took the seat next to Remus trapping him by the window, on her other side sat Ginny.

Just as they all sat down the bus took off weaving on and off the pavements. Then with a sudden BANG, they were all flown backwards, Lina's chair toppled to the side, Remus and Ginny caught her before she went flying to the floor while the twins laughed.

Ginny got revenge for Lina, as the bus took another sharp turn Ginny pushed Fred into George and they both toppled over, all four of the kids got told off by Remus for apparent immature behaviour.

"So what's-"

BANG

The bus jumped again before Lina could ask Remus about him and Tonks. Each time Lina was about to talk to Remus the bus would jump jolting the entire bus, it happened so much a queasy feeling settled into the pit of her stomach.

Finally, after several more BNAGs, the knight bus was travelling through a snowy Hogsmeade, flecks of snow hit the windows as they rolled to a stop outside the gates to Hogwarts.

Remus and Tonks helped the students off the bus with their luggage, then got off themselves to say goodbye. Lina glanced up at the bus and saw all the passengers staring down at them, noses flat against the glass.

"You'll be safe once you're in the grounds," Tonks said casting a careful eye around the deserted road. "Have a good term, ok."

"Look after yourselves" Remus sad shaking hands with the kids, he then hugged Lina "and as always behave yourself," he said to her.

Lina rolled her eyes and turned to Tonks giving her a tight hug. "Any trouble no matter how small you write and I'll be straight up here," Tonks said in a low voice so none of the others could overhear.

"I will" Lina replied, "even if I don't plan on getting into any trouble at all."

"Yes but you're like me, trouble just seems to follow us around."

The seven of the returning Hogwarts students struggled up the slippery drive towards the castle, dragging their trunks behind them. Hermione was talking about knitting hats for house-elves while Fred and George were talking about something called Headless Hats.

As they reached the grand oak doors Lina glanced back, the Knight Bus along with Remus and Tonks were gone, a small frown etched onto her face, a part of her wished she was still with them.

***
AN: Guess who's back, back again! I'm backkkkkk my iPad broke which put me out for two weeks but it's all fixed and I'm ready with updates, since I've just started a new job updates are now going to be twice a week rather than three times a week. I've missed you all!