~ 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓞𝓷𝓮 𝓗𝓾𝓷𝓭𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓐𝓷𝓭 𝓕𝓸𝓻𝓽𝔂 𝓢𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓷 ~

Chapter One Hundred And Forty-Seven: The Headmaster Takes His Leave

For whatever reason Umbridge had left Lina's private magic lessons with Professor McGonagall alone, apart from a couple of times when she had stayed to observe

For whatever reason Umbridge had left Lina's private magic lessons with Professor McGonagall alone, apart from a couple of times when she had stayed to observe. That all changed in April though.

Lina was heading to the lesson after dinner, McGonagall was going through N.E.W.Ts preparation with her, they were mostly concentrating on Transfiguration this term.

As she approached McGonagall's classroom she heard voices, Lina slowed down her pace, she wondered if she should turn around, give it an hour and come back, but then she heard who McGonagall was talking with.

"I'm just trying to understand what you and Miss Black do in these lessons," Umbridge said.

"And as I've told you numerous times, Dolores that what Miss Black and I do is between the two of us" McGonagall replied her voice raised slightly.

Lina crept closer to the door, it was only open a crack so she couldn't see inside the classroom.

"You and Miss Black have been having these sessions for-" she paused and Lina heard the sound of parchment "six years now. Isn't that correct?"

"You know it is" McGonagall sighed.

"You still haven't explained to me, Minerva, why you started giving Miss Black these lessons."

"And as I've told you, Dolores-"

Lina hastily knocked on the door stopping the conversation from going around in circles.

"Yes," Professor McGonagall said sharply.

Lina opened the door and stepped into the room. She looked from Umbridge to McGonagall "I'm sorry Professor am I interrupting something?" She asked pretending she hadn't just been eavesdropping "I thought we had a lesson now?"

"We do Miss Lina," Professor McGonagall said, "Professor Umbridge was just leaving."

"Yes, I was," Umbridge said, "but not before informing you and Professor McGonagall that these private lessons of yours shall be no more...effective immediately."

"You have no authority to do this" McGonagall said before Lina could. "we are breaking none of your decrees."

"Oh but you are," Umbridge said smugly "under new decree number twenty-eight all private lessons between professors and students must be approved by the high inquisitor and this-" she waved her hand between McGonagall and Lina "whatever it is you teach is not approved by me. Now, Miss Black, I suggest you go back to your dorm room before you find yourself breaking a school rule which will result in detention."

Lina looked at Professor McGonagall who nodded her head. Lina wasted no time in leaving the room. The two professors continued to argue once Lina had left the hallway.