~ 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓣𝓮𝓷 ~

Chapter Ten: Desire Spelt Backwards

"What lessons have you got today?" Cedric asked Lina Friday at breakfast

"Double potions with Gryffindors" Lina answered checking her timetable "then nothing."

"Good luck," Lucy said grabbing a piece of toast.

"What do you mean?" Lina asked raising an eyebrow.

"Snape hates everyone, the only people he isn't an asshole to is Slytherins and even then he isn't all lovely dovey."

"Oh, great" Lina abandoned her breakfast suddenly not feeling hungry at all.

"Cheer up Lina, I'm sure it won't be too bad," Cedric said offering her a kind smile.

"Oh yeah and how was he on your first lesson with him?"

Cedric grimaced "okay so my first lesson might not be the best example."

Danny scoffed "that's the biggest understatement of the year."

"Oh I am so screwed" Lina put her face into her hands, she was very tempted to scream but held back, took a breath composing herself and stood up, her bag on her shoulder "I better go, he'll only hate me more if I'm late."

The four said goodbye, Lina walked out of the hall. She walked alone until she got to the hallway of the dungeons when two pairs of arms draped over her shoulders.

"Well, Hello Evangelina" without even having to look at the people she knew it was the twins.

"Long time no see," George said.

"Hello twins" Lina smiled up at them.

"So potions-" Fred began.

"With Snape," George said after.

"But at least."

"You've got."

"Us" they both said.

"Is he really as bad as they say?" Lina asked, even though she had already been told by her friends she hoped they were overreacting.

"Worse" they both replied.

The three entered the potions classroom sitting together, on the other side of Lina sat Zoe. The class sat chatting away for a good couple of minutes until the door burst open, a man wearing only black robes walked in going straight to his desk. Severus Snape had cold black dead eyes, long greasy shoulder-length jet black hair and a hook nose.

Professor Snape read through the register but when he got to Lina's name he paused, glanced at the girl and glared at her before finishing the register "what was that about?" Zoe whispered asked.

"I have no idea" Lina replied.

"You are here to learn the subtle science and exact art of potion-making," Snape said, no student dared to speak over him, the whole class was completely silent "as there is little foolish wand-waving I doubt many of you will fully appreciate the art. I can teach you how to bottle fame, brew glory and even stopped death."