~ 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓝𝓲𝓷𝓮𝓽𝔂-𝓕𝓲𝓿𝓮 ~

Chapter Ninety-Five: The Unforgivable Curses

The Dark Arts classroom had changed since last year, the classroom didn't seem as friendly or inviting as it did when the classroom belonged to Remus

The Dark Arts classroom had changed since last year, the classroom didn't seem as friendly or inviting as it did when the classroom belonged to Remus. Instead now dotted around the classroom was a number of magical looking objects, some Lina had never seen before others looked vaguely familiar from books.

Lina sat in between Fred and George, with Lee next to him on the second row, the twins and Lee wanted to sit in the front row but Lina was apprehensive, so they compromised with the second row.

Moody stood in front of the class and read the register, his magical eye flickering to each student as he said each of their names. "Let's begin shall we," Moody said, his voice was still as rough as it was the day before "you're all sixth years which means you get to see what real dark curses look like and trust me when I say I've seen all kinds of curses in action, curses that can do some truly terrible things. But there are three curses that are most heavily punished by Wizard law called the Unforgivable Curses, these curses were a dark wizard's best friends during the war. Now can anyone tell me what these curses are called?" Several hands were raised including the twins, Lee and Lina. Moody's magical eye swirled around the room and landed on Katie Bell "Miss Bell?"

"There the torture spell, the the erm, The Cruciatus Curse," Katie said so quietly Lina almost didn't hear her.

"Yes, The Cruciatus Curse. Bellatrix Lestrange, a Death Eater was particularly fond of this spell" Moody got a spider out of a jar on his desk and after making it bigger he pointed his wand at it "Crucio!" At once the spider began to twitch and its legs folded into itself, it was horrible to watch. Lina looked away until the effects of the spell had worn off. "Does anyone know any other curses?" Moody asked.

Hands shot up and this time Moody asked Fred. "The Imperius Curse," Fred said.

"The Imperius Curse. Exactly" Moody nodded "this one caused the Ministry a great deal of trouble at the end of the way, Death Eaters claiming they weren't in control of their actions. The Curse allows the caster to have complete control over their victim, they are no longer in control" he pointed his wand once again at the spider "Imperio!" This time the spider went wherever the wand pointed too, up and down in the air, it did cartwheels and leaps through the air. The entire class laughed except Lina, the movement of the spider mimicked how Draco moved as the ferret. "You laugh, but how would you feel if this was you?" His questions made the class stop laughing immediately. "CONSTANT VIGILANCE!" He suddenly barked making the class jump "that's what you need - at all times. Now can anyone tell me the last Unforgivable Curse?" This time when hands were raised they much more hesitant, once again Lina raised her hand and that was who Moody chose to answer. "Miss Black?"

Lina stared at the spider as she answered knowing what was going to come next "the killing Curse" she whispered.

Moody hooded and placed the spider down in the front row desks, it immediately tried to escape like it knew what was coming. "Avada Kedavra!" Moody roared. There was a flash of green light, and the spider was unmoving, clearly dead.