~ 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓞𝓷𝓮 𝓗𝓾𝓷𝓭𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓐𝓷𝓭 𝓣𝔀𝓮𝓷𝓽𝔂 𝓔𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽 ~

Chapter One Hundred And Twenty Eight: He Got Off!

The next few days were spent working incredible hard cleaning the house

The next few days were spent working incredible hard cleaning the house. The drawing-room took three days to fully decontaminate, although apart from the obvious Lina couldn't see why they were doing it, who would leisurely go in there apart from Kreacher. The only undesirable thing left in the room was the tapestry which was proving impossible to get rid of and the rattling writing desk, Moody hadn't been round yet to confirm what was inside so it was left to rattle away.

From the drawing-room, they moved onto the dining room on the ground floor where they found spiders the size of saucers lurking in the dresser. Lina wasn't scared of small spiders she could easily get rid of but ones that looked like it could eat her given the chance did. Lina and Ron hurriedly left to go and make a cup of tea and did not return for an hour and a half when they were sure the spiders were gone.

The china, which bore the Black crest and motto, was all thrown unceremoniously into a sack by Sirius, the same fate met a set of old photographs in tarnished silver frames. While Sirius wasn't looking Lina quickly examined each picture. They were all the same, distant relatives who didn't know how to smile but one caught Lina's attention, a man, no a boy that looked around Lina's age and a newborn baby in a white babygrow and tuffs of black hair. The setting didn't look like any of the room in Grimmauld Place, and besides, why would a baby be here. The boy was gently rocking the baby back and forth not looking up but when he did Lina gasped, it was her uncle Regulus so that baby, could be her. Lina without letting Sirius knew folded it up and pocketed it, she would ask Remus about it when she had a chance.

All while the group was cleaning Kreacher was hanging around becoming more and more offensive as he tried to remove anything he could from the rubbish sacks. Sirius went as far as to threaten him with clothes but Kreacher stared at him with watery eyes and said "master must do as master wishes" before turning around muttered very loudly "but master will not turn Kreacher away, no because Kreacher knows what they are up to, oh yes, he is plotting against the Dark Lord, yes, with these Mudbloods and traitors and scum-" at this despite Hermione's protests Sirius sized Kreacher by the back of his tea towel and threw him from the room.

The doorbell would ring throughout the day which would start off Lina's grandmother's portrait to start shrieking but while Sirius and Mrs Wealsey went to deal with the chaos and new arrivals the others would listen in and catch little glimpses and snatches of conversations before the adults returned.

Snape was among the visitors constantly coming in and out although thankfully Lina never came face to face with him. Professor McGonagall was another visitor dressed in a Muggle dress and coat but she too was too busy to stay.

That wasn't to say all visitors would only stay for Order news. Tonks would stay to hang out with Lina and Lina would rope her cousin into helping clean the house, the most notable part being when one afternoon they found a murderous old ghoul lurking in the upstairs toilet, that set the girls into fits of giggles that wasn't appreciated by everyone else.