~ 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓣𝔀𝓮𝓷𝓽𝔂-𝓔𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽 ~

Chapter Twenty-Eight: Summer Gone

Lina's second year at Hogwarts had been quite an eventful one, she didn't think it would exceed her first year but she was proven wrong

Lina's second year at Hogwarts had been quite an eventful one, she didn't think it would exceed her first year but she was proven wrong. Yet she didn't regret a single moment of it - not even accidentally knocking out Marcus Flint.

Her wandless magic had greatly improved from when her lessons first began with Professor McGonagall and because she lived in a magical household she didn't have to worry every waking moment about accidentally doing something.

Lina left Hogwarts another year older, she was finally a teenager much to Remus's dread, the twins had sunk her into Hogsmeade and bought her as many sweets and Zonko products as they could afford and finished off with a drink in the three broomsticks. The actual day of her birthday she was spoiled rotten, her friends had made such a fuss over her and even the teachers wished her a happy birthday.

While she was now a teenager Hufflepuff hadn't won't the quidditch cup. The final match was between Hufflepuff and Gryffindor with Charlie getting the snitch after nearly two hours and by only ten points.

But nevertheless Lina was still in high spirits - even if Slytherin did win the house cup again - she had another summer to look forward to. Summer nights, days out, quidditch practice in an empty field, spending days out with her friends......

And homework.

The horrid realisation hit Lina when she got home and started unpacking, she had much more to do than she first thought. Snape has set her class four different pieces of homework - two were about potions they hadn't been studied yet. She also had between one and two pieces for each of her subjects, she wanted to also start reading about her new subjects and read the book about healers she had been allowed to borrow from the school library over the summer. There really wasn't going to be enough hours in the day.

But somehow through longs hours and hard work on her days when she wasn't with her friends - and with a little help - she got everything done.

On August twentieth, the day after Lina received her Hogwarts letter for her third year, Lina with Remus went on their annual trip to Diagon Alley. "How many new books do you need to get this year?" Remus asked Lina as the pair left Gringotts.

"Excluding my normal subjects, four" Lina replied checking her list.

"I thought you only took up three new subjects."

Lina handed the note she had received from Professor McGonagall to Remus, his eyes quickly scanned the note before he gave it back "Professor McGonagall wants you to get Studying The Art Of Wandless Magic."

"Yep."

"That's a book mostly used by N.E.W.Ts students and above."

Lina shrugged "she thinks I'm ready or will be soon enough." As they entered the book shop Lina spotted the unmistakable red headed family she was extremely found of "Fred! George!"

"Lina!" They cheered and pushed through the crowd away from their mother to the girl by the door. "You have no idea how glad we are to see you."

"Why?"

"We got terrible news this morning," George said dramatically.

"Percy's prefect!" Fred yelled several heads turned there way.

Lina looked from her uncle amused to the twins "how dreadful."

"Mums even buying him an owl."

"So who gets Scabbers" next to her Remus left his niece alone to start finding the new books Lina needed, otherwise they'd be in the book shop much longer than they needed to be.

"I do" Ron who looked annoyed at this fact joined them.

"Oh cheer up Ron, it could be worse," Lina said giving him a side hug.

"You could have a toad," Fred said.

"Exactly."

"Evangelina dear" Lina was pulled into a tight hug by Molly Weasley "how have you been?"

"Very good Mrs Weasley" Lina smiles "how have you been?"

"Well at least someone asks how I am," Mrs Weasley said to her boys "I'm good dear, where's that uncle of yours?"

Lina craned her neck to look around the crowded shop "I think he's getting the books but I can't see him."

"Oh you just stay with us until you find him" Molly guided Lina over to the rest of the Weasley's "I was hoping you wouldn't mind looking out for Ron this year, he'll have his older brothers of course but I was hoping-"

"I won't mind at all Mrs Weasley." Lina greeted Mr Weasley and Percy - who immediately started telling Lina all about becoming a prefect and how excited he was. Lina didn't mind Percy, she had known him for three years, they just didn't have a lot in common which meant they didn't have an awful lot to talk about so when Remus found her, the books already paid for Lina was thankful. The pair said goodbye to the Weasley family and left the shop.

"Do I need new robes? Because I don't think I've grown since my first year" the cobbled street had gotten much more crowded than before they went into the bookshop.

"Well you haven't grown much but new robes won't hurt."

After a quick trip to Madam Malkin's and then to get a new cauldron, quill, ink and parchment, they went for some lunch in the leaky cauldron. Both exhausted they resolved to get some chocolate ice cream and head back home.