~ 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓢𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓷𝓽𝔂 ~

Chapter Seventy: Saving Harry

Sirius Black really was an idiot, Lina decided after the second time he had tried to break into the Gryffindor tower and failed

Sirius Black really was an idiot, Lina decided after the second time he had tried to break into the Gryffindor tower and failed...again.

But because of the failed attempt security had tightened around the castle, Professor Flitwick had taught the front doors to recognise a large picture of Sirius Black, Filch had been prowling up and corridors boarding up everything front tiny cracks in the walls to mouse holes. The Fat Lady was back to guarding the Gryffindor common room, after having been briefly replaced, but was now being protected by security trolls and Lina couldn't go anywhere without getting nasty looks off fellow students and Snape, but with all the added protection Lina had a sneaky suspicion it wouldn't work.

Once again, a Hogsmeade Saturday arrived, this week it was a bit harder to convince Lina's three friends to leave her but they did leave. Lina didn't have any grand plans, all she was going to do was go back to the common room and revise, and she did for a good hour or so until the looks the first and second years were giving her become to annoying and she left.

If Lina wasn't allowed to go Hogsmeade again next year she decided she would know the castle better than anyone fro the amount of time she had walked around it, she had found secret passages hidden behind portraits that lead from one part of the castle to another, she had gone past every secret passage out the castle on the Marauders Map, just to make sure they hadn't been discovered yet and was on the third floor heading towards the one-eyed witch statue when she saw Harry emerging from it in a hurry.

Lina then heard footsteps coming from the other direction she was in, she quickly jumped into an adjoining corridor just in time to avoid Snape approaching. "Come with me Potter," he said looking particularly triumphant.

Lina watched Harry follow Snape to where Lina presumed would be his office. She figured she had two options, leave Harry to sort whatever he had done out for himself or try and help him in some way, Lina couldn't help him by himself, she'd need Remus. Lina groaned Harry was her Godbrother, they were family even if they weren't talking to each other at the moment, she was going to help him.

Lina ran through the corridors, sped down the moving staircase and even jumped the small gap between one moving staircase and the corridor it leads to. By the time she finally got to Remus's office, she was completely out of breath.

"Harry - Snape - trouble - map."

Remus stopped what he was doing to look at Lina, hand on her knees, bent over and breathing heavily, Remus was completely confused. "Why are you so out of breath?" He asked.

Lina looked up finally catching her breathe "I ran all the way here."

"Right, why?"

"Snape's out for Harry he-" Lina was cut off by Snape himself.

"Lupin!" He called, his face appearing in the flames "I want a word!"

Remus looked at Lina and nodded in understanding before stepping into the fire.

"Oh no not more running" Lina ran out the room through the castle, past the great hall and into the dungeons stopping outside Professor Snape's office.

"You see Severus" Lina heard Remus say "it looks like a Zonko product to me" shit, they were talking about the map Lina was sure of it.

Lina suddenly heard heavy footsteps thundering against the stone in her directions and a then a blur of ginger crashed into the office. "I - gave - Harry - that - stuff" Ron choked "bought - it - in - Zonko's - ages - ago..."

"Well," Remus said, Lina heard him clap his hand together "that seems to clear that up! Severus, I'll take this back, shall I? Harry, Ron, come with me, I need a word about my vampire essay. Excuse us, Severus."

Harry, Ron and Remus left the office and joined Lina in the hallway, together the four walked out the dungeons and into the entrance hall. "Professor I-" Hary said.

"I don't want to hear explanations," Remus said shortly, he glanced around the empty entrance hall and lowered his voice "I happen to know that this map was confiscated by Mr Filch many years ago" Lina's eyes widened "yes I know it's a map. I don't want to know how it fell into your possession. I am, however, astounded that you didn't hand it in. Particularly after what happened the last time a student left information about the castle lying around. And I can't let you have it back, Harry."

"Why did Snape think I got it straight from the manufactures?" Harry asked.

"Because" Remus hesitated "because these mapmakers would have wanted to lure you out of school. They'd think it extremely entertaining."

Lina creased her eyebrows, that didn't sound right.

"Do you know them?" Harry asked impressed.

"We've met" Remus shortly answered. "Don't expect me to cover for you again, it was only because of Lina I was prepared for Snape's questions" Remus sighed and Harry looked over surprised at a cowering Lina. "Harry, I cannot make you take Sirius Black seriously" Lina resisted the urge to giggle "but I would have thought that what you have heard when the Dementors draw near you would have had more of an effect on you. Your parents gave their lives to keep you alive, Harry. A poor way to repay them - gambling their sacrifice for a bag of magic tricks" Remus shook his head again "Evangelina follow me."

Lina followed Remus in silence back to his office. When they got there he threw the map on his desk "how long have you known about the map?" he asked, Lina had never seen Remus so angry in her life.

"Since my first year" Lina sheepishly admitted.

"Since your" Remus took a deep breath "and I'm assuming you're the one who gave Harry the map" Lina nodded, she wasn't going to drop the twins in this mess. Remus shook his head in anger "what possessed you to think that was a good idea" Lina stayed quiet "and the fact you kept it a secret from me, I thought I raised you better."

Lina dropped her head "I'm sorry."

"Well what's done is done, you can't change your actions and neither can Harry, but that doesn't mean I'm not disappointed in you."

"I understand, but before I go, one thing. What you said about the manufactures, I don't think they would purposely lead Harry to danger or anyone else for that matter."

"And how would you know that?" Remus asked sounding tired.

"Because you helped create the thing," Lina said crossing her arms.

Remus faltered "how did you know?"

"Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot and Prongs, bit of a giveaway huh Moony. That was how I knew I could trust the map, my dad, my godfather, the man that raised me and their best friend created it, what could go wrong" Remus sat down at his desk "I won't tell anyone, I promise but the nicknames, where did they come from exactly."

Remus rubbed a hand over his face "as you know I'm a werewolf, hence Moony, the other three to make my transformations easier became Animagus, the nicknames corresponded to the forms they took. Lina, you must understand what we've talked about you can't tell anyone, not even Cedric.

Lina nodded "I promise."

"You can go, please behave."

Lina left the classroom, she promised she wouldn't tell anyone and she wouldn't but she didn't promise she wouldn't become obsessed with what Remus had said to figure out which form her dad could take.

***
A/N The official Instagram for this Wattpad account has been set up the username is: hufflepuffwrites12