~ 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓞𝓷𝓮 𝓗𝓾𝓷𝓭𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓐𝓷𝓭 𝓣𝔀𝓮𝓷𝓽𝔂 𝓞𝓷𝓮 ~

Chapter One Hundred And Twenty One: The Prospect Of Moving

Lina knew she shouldn't be listening to the order meeting but if Sirius and Remus wouldn't let her listen in eavesdropping would have to do

"We need a more secure location for the Order" Lina heard Dumbledore say.

"We can use Grimmauld Place," Sirius said "since my mother died no one has gone there. It will be empty and it's big enough."

"Will you be alright going back there?" Remus asked.

"This is more important."

"This is greatly appreciated Sirius," Dumbledore said.

The door to the kitchen opened and Tonks slid out quickly shutting the door behind her. "Are you meant to be here?" Tonks asked sitting down on the floor next to Lina.

"Of course not" Lina answered "but this is the only way I'm going to find out anything. You're not going to tell my...parental figures are you?"

Tonks snorted and her hair changed to the colour green before going back to bubblegum pink "course not if I wasn't already in the Order I'd be sitting right here doing the exact same thing."

"How'd you know I was out here anyway?" Lina asked curiously.

"Moody, the real one, saw you sitting out here, told me to keep you company that I wouldn't miss anything and if I did he'd tell me later."

There was a silence between the two girls. Lina guessed this was where Tonks was going to ask how Lina was doing, just like everyone else had. "So," Lina said.

"So, what?" Tonks asked.

"Ask me then."

"Ask you what?"

"If I'm alright," Lina said like it was obvious.

"Do you want me to?"

Lina smiled, the first time since Cedric. Everyone had been asking her that, not realising Lina was sick of the same question, the consideration Tonks was giving her was appreciated. "No."

"Then I won't."

"Thank you."

Tonks drummed her fingers against the stone floor "mums coming round after the meeting is over, which should be soon now."

Lina looked up from the crack she was tracing with her finger "why?"

Tonks chuckled "something about seeing her idiotic cousin."

Lina shot her eyes up "she knows?"

Tonks hummed "Dumbledore came over and told her, he thought she was most likely to believe the truth if it came from him, which turned out to be true. Can't believe you didn't tell me" Tonks grumbled.

Lina knew she was only teasing and wacked her shoulder "well if I find out our other relative who's locked up in Azkaban actually turns out to be innocent I'll be sure to tell you." The girls looked at each other and started laughing knowing that was never going to happen.

The door to the kitchen opened again and Sirius stood in the doorway, the Order meeting had finished and Sirius could hear the two girls laughing, Lina hadn't laughed in so long. "What are you two laughing at?" He asked.

Tonks and Lina looked at each other, they weren't sure why but they started laughing again.

There was a loud popping noise and Andromeda was suddenly standing in the kitchen glaring at her cousin.

"Here we go" Tonks whispered to Lina.

"Hello Andromeda," Sirius said.

Andromeda hardened her glare "innocent" she hissed "you were innocent this whole time."

"Technically speaking yes," Sirius said, Lina knew what he meant by that, he still felt guilt about James and Lily's death.

"Oh I could just kill you right now, didn't you think before going after Pettigrew. Didn't you think what would happen if it went wrong how Lina would feel? You had responsibilities, a child who needed you after she lost her mother!"

"I know," Sirius said, "I take full responsibility for my actions and regret them, I do, but cousin this is something Lina and I need to discuss, in private."

All eyes turned to look at Lina "I don't really want to talk about this right now" Lina said quickly "what was Dumbledore saying about a more secure location. Are we moving?"

"Yes," Remus answered "this week most likely."

Lina didn't want to move, the cottage which was by no means the most luxurious place had been her home since she had been three years old. This was her home and she didn't want to leave it but she wouldn't verbally object.

"I'm sure you'll come back one day," Tonks said sensing Lina's disappointment.

"Yeah, but when?" Lina rhetorically asked.

"So when are you going?" Andromeda asked calmer than she was a couple of minutes ago.

"Grimmauld Place" Sirius said.

"That Hell?" Andromeda asked disgustedly "are you going to be alright living there again?"

"Probably not" Sirius admitted, he didn't like admitting it but the people in the kitchen were family, he trusted them "but my personal feelings don't matter in this. I'll be fine."

"Truth?"

"I'll let you know."

***

By the Friday Lina had most of her room packed in boxes ready to magically send over to Grimmauld Place. Tonks had helped with the packing, at first, she had suggested only taking the things that were important. Lina was quick to remind her that everything in her room was important to her.

Pictures of her friends, books, blankets, clothes, pets, they were all important and if Grimmauld Place held such horrible memories, none of which Lina was being told about, then she figured personal items which held nothing but happy memories were a must to bring.

Lina was looking at a Muggle taken picture of her and Lucy from last summer when there was a knock on her door frame. Lina looked over her shoulder and smiled at Remus.

"I am packing," she said, even if it didn't look like it.

"I don't doubt that," he said.

"Where's dad?" Lina asked and out the photo in the box with the others.

"He's gone out for some fresh air, Grimmauld Place doesn't have a forest surrounding it so this will be the last time he can freely get some air" he explained.

"This really isn't fair" Lima sighed.

"I have something I need to tell you, Lina. Sirius and I were debating which one should tell you but we thought it'd be better if it came from me."

Lina was scared, what could he possibly need to tell Lina that made him so serious. Unless Cedric had finally...no.

"Dumbledore came by while you were still asleep with some news about Cedric."

Lina lost her breath, her legs gave out and she fell onto the bed, this was it, the news she was dreading to hear. Lina squeezed her eyes shut "tell me, just get it over with."

Remus crouched down in front of Lina and held her hands "Lina, it's not what you think...Cedric, he woke up."