~ 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓕𝓸𝓾𝓻 ~

Chapter Four: Throughout The Years

Throughout the years Remus raised Lina as if she were his own, of course, it wasn't always easy, like when her magic came through at age six and all of the once empty flower pots grew sunflowers and the dead overgrown bushes surrounding their cott...

Throughout the years Remus raised Lina as if she were his own, of course, it wasn't always easy, like when her magic came through at age six and all of the once empty flower pots grew sunflowers and the dead overgrown bushes surrounding their cottage were suddenly full of life or when the unavoidable questions came about her parents.

"Uncles Remus, what actually happened to mum and dad?" Lina was only nine years old when she asked this over dinner one night.

Remus stopped eating to pay full attention to his niece "they both loved you so much Lina, but the war took so many casualties, your mother protected you always and your father well he made some stupid mistakes he's paying for."

Lina had grown up quick enough to understand what that meant, her mother was dead and her father had fought for the wrong side betraying his friends. "I wish things were different" she whispered.

"Me too."

While there were moments of sadness more often than not she was happy. She loved spending time outside in nature running around the fields and woods surrounding the pairs home, she loved reading especially by the fire wrapped up in a blanket on a winters night and she loved her uncle. Of course, Remus wasn't the only family Lina knew, she had her fathers cousin, Andromeda, her husband Ted and their daughter Nymphadora who was only a couple of years older than Lina herself. Lina would often go over to their house when her uncle was at work but the rest of her fathers family Lina didn't like, she wasn't a negative person and tried to see the best in all situations but no matter how hard she tried there was something about Lucius Malfoy that scared her.

One day a couple of weeks after Lina's eleventh birthday her and Remus were eating breakfast, this wasn't uncommon in the slightest, nor was the fact when an owl flew in through the open window. What was uncommon was that the owl didn't just drop off the paper like usual, instead on that day it was accompanied by a thick letter addressed to Lina.

"Lina" Remus said holding the letter, Lina looked up from her cereal.

"Yeah?"

"Here you go" Remus handed Lina the letter, she took it and read who it was addressed to, it was addressed to her! Nothing was ever addressed to her, she looked from the letter up to her uncle and then back to the letter "go on open it" with encouragement from her uncle she ripped open the letter, ever since her uncle told her stories about his time at Hogwarts she had been waiting for her letter and now it was finally here and in her hands. She pulled the letter out and began to read.

HOGWARTS SCHOOL OF WITCHCRAFT AND WIZARDRY

Headmaster: Albus Dumbledore
(Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorc., Chf. Warlock, Supreme Mugwump, International Confed. of Wizards)

Dear Miss Black,
We are pleased to inform you that you have a place at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.
Term begins on 1 September. We await your owl by no later than 31 July.

Yours sincerely,

Minerva McGonagall
Deputy Headmistress

When Lina looked up at Remus her eyes were sparkling and she was practically jumping up and down in her seat "I got in! I got in!"

"Of course you did" Remus laughed "tomorrow we'll go to Diagon Alley to get all your school supplies" Remus stood up and got a quill and parchment ready to write Lina's reply.

"Why not today?" Lina pouted.

"Because if I remember correctly I have a job interview and you are going to your aunt Andie's" he replied writing the letter, once done he attached it to the owl's leg and let it fly back to Hogwarts.

Lina sat still realising he was right "okay, but early tomorrow right?"

"As early as we can go."

And just like that Lina was back jumping up and down too excited for the events of tomorrow.