~ 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓣𝓱𝓲𝓻𝓽𝔂-𝓣𝔀𝓸 ~

Chapter Thirty-Two: Fireworks

Halloween day was upon them, Lina's very eventful day started off at breakfast with Lucy

Halloween day was upon them, Lina's very eventful day started off at breakfast with Lucy. "How's arithmancy going?" Lucy asked.

"It's getting better, Ced's really helping" Lina replied spreading marmalade on her toast.

"Oh saint Cedric, where would we be without him" Lucy teased adding more bacon to her plate "so I have a question for you."

"Shoot."

"Would you ever go out with Cedric?"

"Yeah of course" Lina took a sip of pumpkin juice "I mean when the Hogsmeade trips are announced we'll go out then, we all will."

Lucy sighed "no Lina, I mean you and him like on a date."

Lina seemed to freeze, her toast halfway to her mouth "oh, I, I, me and Ced?" the toast was suddenly abounded on her plate completely forgotten about "but he's my best friend."

Lucy pointed her finger at Lina "rude."

"Well apart from you obviously. But me and Ced, never, it would never happen!"

As Lucy opened her mouth a different voice spoke "alright ladies" Lina turned around and saw the boys had approached their table, Lina silently prayed to Merlin that they hadn't heard their conversation. "What are we talking about?" They hadn't heard.

"Lina's love for-" Lina kicked Lucy under the table to stop her from embarrassing herself and Cedric.

"Lina's love for what?" Cedric asked sitting down in his usual seat next to Lina.

"My love for quidditch," Lina said thinking fast "I was just telling Lucy how excited I am for the season to start again. Do you know when the first practice is?"

"Not too sure, I'll ask Justin when I see him" Cedric replied.

The conversation quickly turned to lessons and when the first Hogsmeade trip was going to be. Just as they had gotten onto the subject of the Halloween feast, Justin approached the four. "Hey Lina, Cedric, just letting you two know practice starts up again on Friday."

"Great have-"

Cedric was cut off by the owl post, a paper was dropped in front of Lina and letter in front of Lucy but what really caught everyone's attention was the six owls carrying a long thin package, everyone's head turned to follow the owls as the package was eventually dropped in front of someone at the Gryffindor table.

"Wonder what that was?" Lucy asked.

"Doesn't matter" Justin said dismissively "remember quidditch Friday after lessons, this year we have to win the cup."

"So no pressure or anything" Lina sighed at Justin's retreating form, minutes later the bell for first lesson rang.

***