~ 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓕𝓸𝓻𝓽𝔂-𝓔𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽 ~

Chapter Forty-Eight: A Bludgeoning Bludger

The first Quidditch game of the season fell on a Saturday

The first Quidditch game of the season fell on a Saturday. The match itself was between Gryffindor and Slytherin. Oliver had been stressing about the match ever since it was announced, he would rant to Lina about how he needed to beat Slytherin, but because of there new brooms, curtesy of Mr Malfoy it was going to be near impossible.

"If Harry can get the snitch before Slytherin can get too many Quaffles in then we may just stand a chance," he said the morning a couple of days before the match, he paced up and down in front of Lina while she tried not to laugh, of course, she understood his struggle the Hufflepuff team would eventually be going up against the Slytherins and she would be going through the same emotions, but there was something about seeing Oliver crease in his eyebrow and the way his nose scrunched up that made Lina want to smile

"Oliver, Harry is the best seeker in the school, you will be fine" Lina reassured him.

"Not Diggory then?" He asked raising an eyebrow.

Lina laughed, "I'm trying to reassure you here."

"And I appreciate it."

"Plus you'll have me watching in the stands cheering you along. Just remember that" she kissed him on the cheek before going off to her next class.

Ten minutes before the match started that day Lina, along with Cedric, Lucy and Danny pushed their way through the Gryffindor supporters to get to a free spot.

"So I'm guessing we're here to watch your boyfriend then?" Danny asked.

"He's not my boyfriend" Lina shot back.

"I love how you immediately know who he's talking about, for all you know we could have been talking about one of the twins," Lucy said.

"Shut up you two" Cedric snapped.

It was then that the two teams walked out onto the pitch to a mix of thunderous boos and cheers. The teams kicked off the ground and flew into the air, Lina watched as Harry flew higher than any of the other players.

"Merlin I want one of those brooms" Lina heard Cedric say, he was right they're brooms compared to any of the other in any of the teams were considerably better, the Slytherin teams were silver and green blurs rather than actual people.

"They're screwed," Danny said after Slytherin scored their first goal.

"No shit" Lucy agreed.

"They'll be fine Harry's a great seeker," Lina said, although she wasn't sure if it was to reassure herself or her friends.

"And Wood, how's he?" Lucy asked nudging Lina's side.

"Shut up" Cedric mumbled.

"You alright?" Lina asked him.