~ 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓣𝓱𝓲𝓻𝓽𝔂-𝓞𝓷𝓮 ~

Chapter Thirty-One: Draco Malfoy

"Ten points from Hufflepuff."

Lina looked in shock from her potion that she was sure she had produced correctly to Professor Snape standing to the side of her, his normal glare situated on his face. "Why?" Lina asked before she could stop herself.

"Because Miss Black while your potion looks adequate enough, Me Weasley's is no where near" Lina looked over to George's cauldron, in contrast to Lina's own bright green simmering potions George's was aluminous red and hissing violently "if you weren't so self-centred you may have noticed what your neighbour was going wrong and stopped it."

"But-"

"But nothing, unless you want to lose even more house points for Hufflepuff" Lina had to bite her tongue to stay quiet "just as I thought" Snape turned away from Lina to go to the front of the class just as the bell for the end of the day rang "pack away your things and leave."

"I think I may actually hate him," Lina said as her and the twins left the dungeon classroom.

"And you're only just realising this now? Lee, he basically bullies you!" Fred said.

"Why does he hate you so much?" George asked.

"I have a feeling it's because of my dad" Lina answered.

"He hates you because your dad was a death eater?" Fred asked trying to understand what Lina meant.

"Well he wouldn't be the first, but no, I know he was in the same year as my parents" Lina ran a hand through her hair "the second I see uncle Remus I'm asking him, hopefully, he'll have some answers."

"And in the meantime we could always blow up his toilet," George said as casually as if he was asking what his next class was.

Lina stopped in her tracks "what?"

"We could blow up Snape's toilet-"

"Obviously not with him on it-"

"Although that wouldn't be the worse thing in the world-"

"But mum said we must behave ourselves this year-"

"And she explicitly mentioned how she didn't want a letter home about us blowing up a toilet-"

"Which we've never done before."

"So Mrs Weasley gave you the idea of blowing up a toilet?" Lina asked.

"Yes," they answered.

"Say we did this, I have just one question, how?"

"Oh it's simple enough, we hide some Dr Filibuster's Fabulous Wet-Start, No-Heat Fireworks near it and wait for the chaos to happen" Fred explained a mischievous look on his face.

"You two have this whole thing figured out don't you?"

"From the moment Snape first glared at you," George said.

"Thanks" just before the three were about to exit the dark corridor leading out of the dungeons Lina spotted Draco Malfoy standing by himself. "Hey," Lina said to the twins "I need to do something, I'll see you both later." She didn't give them a chance to reply before she was off walking towards Draco "hi Draco" she said hesitantly, it had been years since the pair had last seen each other.

Draco looked at Lina, he barley showed any emotion on his face "Evangelina, I barely recognised you in those robes."

Lina gave Draco a sarcastic sort of smile "well it's been years since we last saw each other. You were a lot smaller."

"Have have you been?" Draco asked only mildly interested.

"Good, good and yourself?"

"Good."

"Erm, so I know we don't speak much but we go to school together now so I thought I'd say hello and let you know that if you need anything just ask, we are family after all" she gave him as much a genuine smile as she could and turned back to head out the corridor into the main foyer of the castle, right where the twins where.

"Why would you willingly want to talk to Malfoy?" Fred asking scrunching up his nose in disgust.

"Because while no one may like his dad, including me, Draco's only eleven and he's my cousin" Lina explained.

"How are you related to him again?" George asked.

"Draco's mother is my second cousin, making Draco my third cousin."

"But why do you want to help him?" Fred asked.

Lina rolled her eyes "because I remember what it's like to be a first-year, but I had someone and so did the pair of you, remember Tonks, Charlie and Percy and now Ron's here and he has the three of us plus Percy. I just think he should have someone to look our for him, is that such a bad thing?"

"Yes," they both replied.

"Oh, really you two? Lina huffed "what if I was placed in Slytherin instead of Hufflepuff?" Lina knew the Weasley's didn't get on very well with the Malfoy's but she also knew that the twins didn't like Slytherin's very much either.

"But that would never happen" they answered.

"It could have if certain factors hadn't happened before we were born then both our lives would have been very different."

"Well thank god our lives have turned out the way they have," Fred said, he then glanced down at Lina realising what he said exactly said "I didn't mean exactly I meant-"

"Fred don't worry, I know what you meant" Lina cut him off "things happen for a reason."

"You think?" George asked.

"Yeah, I do. So! When do you want to blow up Snape's toilet?"

"How about Halloween? Fred suggested.

"Halloween's perfect."