~ 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓕𝓸𝓻𝓽𝔂-𝓝𝓲𝓷𝓮 ~

Chapter Forty Nine: Sometimes A Girl Needs Her Mother

 There were some moments in a girls life when she really needed a mother

There were some moments in a girls life when she really needed a mother. The all so important talk, the first time she gets her period and the first time a girl goes on her first date. As Lina sat on her bed looking at herself in the mirror her thoughts drifted to her mum, Lina wondered what she should think of her, if she would be proud of how she had grown up and the advice she would have given her.

Thoughts raced through Lina's head about her upcoming date, maybe she should just cancel, but oh Merlin if she did-

"Knock, knock. Can I come in?" Lina looked to her door at the source of the voice, Lucy was leaning up against her door frame, Lina nodded and Lucy sat down on her bed next to her. "You alright there?"

"I've never been on a first date before" Lina replied.

"I have. I was like ten so not really a proper one but back then it felt like such a big deal, my mum got so excited when I told her that Bobby Fishermen the cutest boy in my year asked me to go to the cinema with him and his parents. She spent hours dressing me up, doing my hair and makeup until I looked perfect."

Lina smiled sadly "that sounds nice."

"Do you miss her, your mum."

"Yeah, I miss both of them. A lot" Lina could feel the tears beginning to well in her eyes, not matter how old she would get talking about her parents would always make her cry. "Let's not talk about it otherwise I'll start crying and that's not very attractive."

"No. Come on let's make you even more beautiful than you already are."

Lucy braided Lina's hair and applied a minimal amount of makeup, she made sure her outfit matched ( a pair of blue jeans and white lacy top with matching pumps, but she was going to wear her winter coat and house scarf over the top so she didn't really see the point of the outfit check.) When Lucy was finished she looked extremely impressed with her work.

"There" she said "and remember the guys and I will be in Hogsmeade as well in case you realise that your much better off with someone more.....closer to you."

"I have no idea who you're talking about" Lina said shaking her head.

Lucy sighed but didn't say anything, she linked her arms with Lina's and walked out her dorm meeting Danny and Cedric by the exit.

"Wow, you look, wow" Cedric gaped when he saw her, Lina blushed at his some what compliment.

"Look at our little girl all dressed up and ready for her first date" Danny said whiping away a fake tear.

"Which if I dont leav e for now, Oliver will think I'm bailing on him" Lina said.

Both boys opened their mouths but stopped when Lucy glared at them "let's go then."

Oliver was waiting by the great hall, his smile faultered when he saw Lina arrive with her firneds but when he locked eyes with her his smile grew twice it's oriignal size. "You look great" he said.

"Thanks" she replied, Lina turned to her friends "see you guys later" and left her friends and the castle laughing at something Oliver had just said.

"I don't like him" Cedric said glaring at his back.

***

"Wait so you're telling me you could ride a broomstick before you could walk?" Lina asked laughing.

"Yep!" Oliver replied as the two walked through Hogsmeade with no particular destination in mind.

"I don't believe you."

"It's true, my dad got me one before I was born, he would hold me as I flew around the room. Mum says I was a natural."

"So you've always been qudditch mad?"

"Haven't you?"

"A bit" they turned into Devish and Bangs "I had a broom when I was younger, my other uncle got it for me but I'm most certain I was walking before i was aloud on it" Lina browsed the shelves, all kinds of equipment were lined up, sclaes, gloves and potions ingredients as well as crystal balls, text books and qudditch supplies. Lina picked up one of Lockharts books "what'd you think?" She asked Oliver.

"Do you really believe he's done everything he says he's done?" Oliver asked.

Lina shurgged "all I'm saying is it's a lot to do and he's not exactly anicent." 

They left Devish and Bnags after Oliver bought some new broom polisher and headed into Honeybukes. The sweet shop was packed with students wall to wall, Lina considered leaving but the smell of the delicous treats was enough to make her stay, she bought treats as present to last her until next Christmas, Oliver bought several choclate frogs and some liqarice wands.

"Shall we go to the three broomsticks" Lina suggested.

"Sure."

They walked away from the sweet shop, Lina looked behind her as they did, she had the oddest feeling she was being followed but didnt think anything more of it when the warmth of the pub washed over her, they grabbed a free table tucked away in the corner.

"What'd you want to drinK?" Oliver asked.

"Pumpkin juice please" Lina replied.

"You know you drink that a lot."

"Yeah" Lina said to the now empty space. Lina started to swing her legs back and forth, she liked Oliver but she hadnt worked out if she liked him just as a friend or as something more. Before she could delve to far into her conflicting thoughts Oliver returned with one pumpkin juice and one butter beer.

"You know I've had a curhs on you since last year" Oliver said making Lina nearly choke on her pumpkin juice.

"Re, really?"

"Yeah" he scooted slightly closer to Lina "your a fantastic qudditch player."

"Thanks, you to."

"Can I kiss you?"

Lina's breathe hitched, she nodded and let him lean in.

Across the pub with a clear view of the couple sat Lucy, Danny and Cedric. They watched as the pair kissed.

Cedric glared at Oliver "I really don't like him."