~ 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓢𝓲𝔁𝓽𝔂-𝓣𝓱𝓻𝓮𝓮 ~

Chapter Sixty-Three: Halloween Has Never Been Worse

It took a while to convince Lucy, Danny and Cedric to leave Lina at the castle but eventually, they did

It took a while to convince Lucy, Danny and Cedric to leave Lina at the castle but eventually, they did. Since Lina knew about the upcoming trip she had finished all her homework the night before, therefore she had nothing to do.

Lina wandered around the castle for a while, she thought about doing revision but decided she wasn't in the mood and then she thought about using one of the secret passages to sneak into Hogsmeade but if she got caught...the hassle wouldn't be worth it. It had only been half an hour when Lina decided to go find her uncle, she checked his room first and when he wasn't there she went to his office, she arrived just in time to see Harry leaving, Lina guessed he wasn't allowed to go to Hogsmeade either.

She waited until Harry was out if the corridor before entering, the first thing she was was a steaming goblet containing Remus's monthly potion "is it as disgusting as it looks?"

Remus looked up from his desk "why aren't you in Hogsmeade?"

"Now allowed" Lina replied annoyance lacing her voice "thanks, dad."

"Evangelina this is all for your safety."

"I know, I know but Hogsmeade was my freedom and now I have nothing to do apart from see you" Lina lifted herself up to sit on the front desk.

"I'm only marking homework."

"And now I can keep you company."

"Don't you have homework to do?"

"Nope."

"Fine" Remus sighed "you can stay."

"Yay!"

Remus continued his marking and Lina sat on the desk swinging her legs back and forth, every now and then she would puff out her cheeks. "Are you going to the feast tonight?" Remus asked after some time.

"No" Lina answered immediately.

"Why not?" Remus put his quill down and looked up to Lina.

"Oh you know, Halloween and all that, not really my thing, not really hungry."

"And this has nothing to do with Sirius?"

Lina threw her head back "fine, maybe, yes."

"Lina I know how hard this time of year is for you, but the Halloween feast is the best of the year, you shouldn't let your father's actions dictate the way you spend your youth."

"I'm not."

"You are. Go to the feast, be a child for once, laugh with your friends until you sides hurt, eat until you can't any longer. Please, Lina."

***

Lina let Lucy, Danny and Cedric go down to the feast without her. She paced the length of her dorm torn between going to not. Her uncle was right she didn't deserve to act her age but deep down and especially this year she felt guilty when she did, she didn't know why she felt this way, maybe because of the burden of knowledge she had regarding her father.