~ 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓔𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽𝔂-𝓢𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓷 ~

Chapter Eighty-Seven: What Are You Doing Here?

Lina felt she had only been asleep for an hour when she along with Ginny and Hermione were woken up by Mrs Weasley, the girls rubbing their eyes slowly pushed themselves up in their bed and Mrs Weasley convinced they were awake left the room, the ...

Lina felt she had only been asleep for an hour when she along with Ginny and Hermione were woken up by Mrs Weasley, the girls rubbing their eyes slowly pushed themselves up in their bed and Mrs Weasley convinced they were awake left the room, the second she was gone Lina fell back into her bed, the cover was up and over her head.

"Lee" Ginny mumbled, Lina peaked over to see Ginny in the same position.

"We really should get up" Hermione mumbled tiredly.

"Five more minutes isn't going to hurt," Lina said and closed her eyes.

"Girls!" Mrs Weasely snapped standing in the doorway "you need to get up."

The three girls dragged themselves out of bed, and without talking, they got dressed and dragged their feet as they headed into the kitchen where the boys already were. "Why do we have to get up so early," Ginny asked rubbing her eyes and sat down.

"We've got a bit of a walk," Mr Weasley said.

"What?" Harry asked "what, are we walking to the world cup?"

"No, that's miles away. We only need to walk a short way. It's just that it's very difficult for a large number of wizards to congregate without attracting Muggle attention. We have to be very careful about how we travel at the best of times, and a huge occasion like the Quidditch World Cup-"

"George!" Mrs Weasley said sharply making everyone jump.

"What?" George asked innocently, he wasn't fooling anyone.

"What is that in your pocket?"

"Nothing!"

"Don't lie to me" Mrs Weasley pointed her wand at George's pocket "Accio!" Several brightly wrapped objects flew out of George's pocket, he tried to grab them but missed, they instead flew straight into Mrs Wealsey's open palm "we told you to destroy them!" Mrs Wealsey said furiously, the objects were unmistakeably tongue-tied toffees "we told you to get rid of the lot! Empty your pockets, go on, both of you!" Lina found it extremely uncomfortable watching the twins empty their pockets and Mrs Weasley Aciio them to her to make sure she had them all.

"We spent six months developing those!" Fred shouted as his mother threw them away.

"Oh, a fine way to spend six months!" She shrieked "no wonder you didn't get more O.W.L.s"

After eating a breakfast of porridge Lina said a quick goodbye to Mrs Weasley, with her backpack on her shoulder she raced after the twins who had left without uttering a word.

"I'm sorry she destroyed all the toffees," Lina said trying to break the silence that she knew wouldn't be broken if the twins were left alone "they were brilliant."

"Doesn't matter now, does it" Fred mumbled his hands stuffed in his pockets.

"Yeah, it does! Who cares if you didn't get amazing O.W.L.s marks, what you two created was amazing, it doesn't matter what your mum thinks. I know you two and I swear I'll never talk to you two again if you give up on Weasley Wizard Wheezes." The twins looked at each other and then down at Lina, grinning they threw an arm each over her shoulder, Lina felt she had won a small victory getting them to smile "and from now on every time you create something new send me some so I can store it in case something like this happens again, that way you have backups."

The twins smiles got bigger "you're amazing" they said.

Lina blushed and looked down "only a little" she said.

They trudged down the dark, dark lane towards the village, the silence was only broken by the sound of their footsteps, the sky lightened as they made their way through the village. They didn't have breath to spare for talking as they began to climb Stoatshead Hill, stumbling occasionally in hidden rabbit holes or slipping on wet patches of grass and mud. Lina was finding it harder to breathe and was getting a stitch in her side but finally, with one last puff of air, the group got to level ground.

Mr Wealsey panted taking his glasses off and wiping them on his jumper "well, we've made good time - we've got ten minutes. Now we just need the Portkey" Mr Wealsey replaced his glasses and squinted down at the ground "it won't so big...come on."

The group spread out to search, Lina went furthest away without even realising as she didn't move her head off the direction of the ground.

"Amos!" Lina snapped her head up and looked over to her group as two people got closer. Mr Wealsey was waving them over, surely it wasn't "this is Amos Diggory, everyone," Mr Wealsey said "he works for the Department of the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures. And I think you know his son-"

"Cedric!" Lina exclaimed everyone looked at her as she ran to him missing the twins rolling their eyes at her. Lina jumped into Cedric's open arms when she got to him, the pair smiling brightly.

"Well, Lina clearly knows him," Mr Wealsey said.

Lina and Cedric blushed and let go of each other "we're in the same house, best friends" Lina explained suddenly feeling very shy "hi Mr Diggory."

"Hello Lina" Mr Diggory replied "long walk Arthur?"

"Not too bad" Mr Weasley replied, "we live just on the other side of the village there, you?"

"Had to get up at two, didn't we Ced, would've been much easier to Apparate but Ced wasn't feeling it. Still...not complaining...Quidditch World Cup, wouldn't miss it for a sackful of Galleons - and the tickets coast about that. Mind you looks like I got off easy" Amos looked around the large group of Weasley's, Lina, Harry and Hermione "all these yours Arthur?"

"Oh, no. Only the redheads. Lina you know. This is Hermione, friend of Ron's - and Harry, another friend-"

"Merlin's beard!" Amos said his eyes widening "Harry, Harry Potter?"

"Er yeah," Harry said.

"Ced's talked about you, of course, told us all about playing against you last year...I said to him, I said - Ced, that'll be something to tell your grandchildren, that will...you beat Harry Potter!"

Harry didn't reply, he didn't know what to say, the twins were scowling at Amos but with a firm glare from Lina they stopped and Cedric was looking down at Lina with red-tinted cheeks.

"Harry fell off his broom dad" Ced muttered, "I told you...it was an accident."

"Yes, but you didn't fall off, did you?" Amos roared slapping his son on the back, pushing Cedric slightly into Lina's back "always modest our Ced, always the gentlemen...but the best man won, I'm sure Harry'd say the same, wouldn't you, eh? One falls off his broom, one says on, you don't need to be a genius to tell which ones the better flyer!"

"Must be nearly time" Mr Weasley said quickly pulling out his watch "do you know whether we're waiting for any more Amos?"

"No, the Lovegoods have been there for a week already and the Fawcetts couldn't get tickets. There aren't any more of us in the area, are there?"

"Not that I know of," Mr Weasley said "yes, it's minutes off...we'd better get ready" he then looked at Harry and Hermione "you just need to touch the Portkey, that's all, a finger will do." With slight difficulty, mostly due to the enormous backpacks everyone was wearing, the ten of them crowded around the told boot Amos was holding out. Lina stood next to Cedric, they exchanged smiles but didn't speak, nobody did.

"Three" Mr Weasley muttered checking his watch "two...one."