6. The First Mission.

[AN- Hello readers, I have a request for all of you. I want to actually know how many of you are reading this fanfic. So, can you please leave a comment in this chapter just to make me know that you are reading? Thanks]

Satoshi's POV

I got ready for my mission. I had my uniform on along with my checkered haori. I got my black blade ready and I stepped out of the house. "Sensei, thank you very much for the training you gave me. I promise you, I will make you proud. I will do my best, Sensei." I said to my sensei while bowing down. He replied, "I know you will. Now, go. Do your best." I nodded and started following my crow to the town in the northeast. After almost an hour of running, I finally arrived at a town. This town looked very beautiful. A stream running down from the south, birds chirping, fishes could be seen in the stream, cherry blossom trees were everywhere, it was indeed a very beautiful looking town, but the people of the town did not look happy at all. It could be clearly seen that these people were lacking sleep. They had eye bags and dark circles under their eyes. It was so noticable. And the moment I stepped in the village, I was able to pick up the scent of a demon. This demon's scent was unlike any other demon that I encountered in the final selection. This scent was telling me that this demon is no ordinary. I thought this demon might be able to use blood demon art.

Flashback to the night Satoshi came back from the final selection.

"Satoshi, the demons that you have encountered so far are considered weak. They are normal demons who mainly depend on their body and strength. However, there are demons that can use weird magical spells. This magical spells are called 'Blood Demon art.' You might even encounter a demon who can use Blood Demon Art very soon. And when you encounter one, you should be very careful. They are very powerful." Itaki sensei explained to me about this blood demon art. I further asked, ''Sensei, in the demon slayer corps, we have the strongest group of  demon slayers know as Hashiras, right? Does a similar thing exists for the demos too?" Itaki sensei nodded and replied, "Yes, you are absolutely right. There exists a very powerful group of demons known as the twelve kizuki or the twelve demon moons. These twelve kizuki/twelve demon moons consists of the 12 strongest demons in existence. They are under the direct command of the demon king himself, my father, Muzan Kibutsuji. These twelve kizuki are further divided into two more groups known as the Upper moons and the Lower moons consisting of 6 demons each. The upper moons consists of the Upper 1, Upper 2, Upper Three and so on till Upper 6. The upper 1 is the second strongest demon next to muzan himself. The lower moons also consists of lower 1, lower 2 and so on till lower 6. The upper moons are incredibly strong. A single uppermoon can defeat a hashira of our generation all alone. The upper moons are forces to be reckoned with. Whereas the lower moons are very easy for the Hashiras or a kinoe ranked demon slayer to kill. However, they can be very hard to kill for a beginner demon slayer like you. So, be very careful if you encounter one. If u are wondering how you can recognise a kizuki, look at their eyes. The lower moons have their rank and their position engraved on an eye whereas, for an upper moon, they have their ranks engraved in one eye and their position in the other.

[AN - I'm not sure if what I wrote is correct or not. I wrote it from my memory. If it is wrong, please consider correcting it in the comments.]

Flashback ends.

I was walking down a street and I saw a ramen shop. I decided to eat some ramen because it was still 1 pm in the afternoon and demons would come out at night. I entered the shop and I ate a bowl of ramen. After eating the ramen, I decided to ask the shopkeeper about the people disappearing. "Hello Mr. My name is Satoshi Kamado. Do you know anything about the people disappearing at night?" I asked him. His eyes widened in shock and asked me, "Are you a demon slayer?" To which I said, "Yes, I m a demon slayer." He looked relieved and he told me, "Thank goodness a demon slayer finally came. A demon has been kidnapping children, mainly boys who are under 20. So far, 11 boys and 7 girls have gone missing. They were all under 20." I replied, "Thank you very much for your information. I will do my absolute best to slay that demon." I bowed down and went off the store. I waited till it was the dark and finally when it was dark, I picked up the same demon scent again, but this time it was stronger. I started running towards the scent. While I was running, I heard a boy scream. I started running even faster and when I finally arrived, I saw a boy being trapped in what looks like bubbles. Then, I saw the demon. This demon was a girl. She looked absolutely beautiful. She looks to be in her late teenage. She was fair and she had sky blue hair. She was revealing most of her skin. She was tall, she seemed to be around 5'6. But, when I saw her eyes, I skipped a beat and I started sweating profusely. She had dark cyan colored eyes with the words LOWER 6 engraved on the right eye. But something was weird about it. There was a cross over the words. I wondered why. As I was lost in my thoughts, I had completely lost attention of my surroundings. The demon was sending a huge bubble to capture me, if not for my nose, I would have been trapped. Because of my nose, I was able to pick up the scent of water with demon scents coming towards me and at the last moment, I dodged by doing a backflip. Seeing this, the demon smiled and said, "Ara ~ Ara ~, I am impressed. You are the first one to dodge my attack. In that honour, I shall reveal you my name. My name is Rina and I will re proclaim my position among the twelve kizuki.~" She said in a seductive way while licking her lips and fingers. I said, "Release that boy right now if you don't want to get hurt." I then thought to myself, "I see, this demon was the former lower 6." I continued, "If u don't release him, you will regret it." Hearing this, she gave the best evil laugh I have ever heard. I can't deny that this demon was indeed very sexy and beautiful. But I had to kill her. In the next moment, "Thunder Breathing First Form - Thunder Clap and Flash : Sixfold" I dashed towards her and cut off her right arm. Seeing this, she smiled and said, "I'm impressed. Even though you are a kid, you have good skills. What might your name be? I replied, "If you want to know my name, never forget it. My name is Satoshi Kamado and I am going to be the one who will decapitate you." I was very confident. She further said while regenerating her arm, "Hey Satoshi - kun, wanna have some fun? I know you want to have some f-" her sentence was cut off by my attack as I managed to cut her mouth. Without wasting a second, I jumped towards a tree and using it a base, I used Thunder Clap and Flash once again cutting her arms. But she regenerated them back. "You are pissing me off kid." She screamed which sent chills down my spine. "Blood Demon Art : Hot water balls" and with that she created big water balls around her and I could see that the water was boiling and it was giving off the scent of poison too. She threw the balls at me but I did 3 backflips in succession dodging every single one of them. One ball managed to hit a wall and the area in which the ball hit was melting and it started burning. I knew I had to be careful because this balls, if they touched you, you will be poisoned and you will be burned.
"Thunder Breathing Fourth Form : Distant thunder.'' I generate a ball of electricity that releases waves of strong multi-directional lightning bolts from afar. The ball of electricity was about to hit her but, "Blood Demon Art : Distilled Water Shield"and with that she created a shield made of distilled water which doesn't conduct electricity and she blocked my attack. But I didn't give her chance, I used Thunder Clap and Flash once again but before I could hit her, she created a hammer like thing with the water and hit me which sent me flying back and hit a wall. In the next moment, she was standing in front of me and she starts slapping me rapidly that I started bleeding from my nose and it broke a couple of teeths too. After that, she pulled me by my hair and threw me and I hit the ground. I was coughing up blood. But somehow, I was able to stand up and I started taking deep breaths.
I thought to myself,"Total Concentration
Thunder Breathing : Sixth Form - Rumble and Flash!" and with that, I release a series of powerful long-ranged lightning attacks that striked her from afar. It was so fast that she didn't have time to dodge and she was bleeding profusely now. But somehow, her neck was still intacked and out of rage, she created a large bubble and sent it towards me. I was so tired that I was not able to dodge it and I got trapped in it. I was inside a water bubble and I was not able to breath. I was loosing my consciousness and that's when a memory of mine flashed in front of me.

To be continued.....
1731 words.