99- Lost Time

Hello, all you lovelies~♡ I hope that you all are well and not too upset over Monday's update~♡ I am getting over covid for the 3rd time since October.😂🤣 I guess I just have a really shitty immune system but that comes as no surprise.🤣😂 I was always sick as a child, even with medicines and vaccines.😂🤣 It got better as I got older, but not that much better.🤣😂 Okay, so if you weren't upset with me over the last update, you may be upset with me this update. Who knows?🤷‍♀️ I planned the next chapter as my ending so this had to happen for that to take place. Please don't hate me.🙏 This chapter includes the death of yet another main character so please be advised when reading~♡ I promise you all, it will be worth it in the next chapter.:3 Which will be released on Monday because I don't want to keep you all waiting for a week for that ending.😂🤣 You might become furious with me by that point.🤣😂 But without further ado, please enjoy this new installment~♡♡♡

♡・゚:*。.:*・゚゚・*:.。*:゚・♡

Days had passed since Taehyung's untimely demise with his burial ceremony ending with emotional sympathy towards Jungkook and the children. Although Jungkook was wholly numb by this point, his expression blank as he accepted friend's, family's, and business associate's condolences and gifts. Jungkook didn't care about the gifts or people that had attended Taehyung's funeral. He only cared about the person they laid to eternal rest and his children. His children were the only things keeping him in this world now after Jimin had knocked some sense into him.

Although Jungkook was only going through the motions of being alive. He had not smiled, eaten anything, or spoke to anyone in those days since Taehyung's passing. He couldn't even offer his children any solace or comfort from how numb he felt and they'd noticed. They'd certainly noticed as they tried to converse with Jungkook about how he was doing, only to be met with blank stares and heavy sighs. Every night, the children could hear Jungkook sobbing alone in the bedroom their fathers once shared. While it worried them to hear Jungkook like this, he wouldn't allow them to see him like that nor would he allow them into his world that was crumbling.

||

Four long, tumultuous years had passed now and while Jungkook was still only going through the motions of living, he was at least eating and taking care of himself now. Mainly due to Jimin's insistence and help with the children and company. When Jungkook returned home from work to see the house was immaculate and the children fed, Jimin could see the emotional turmoil in his eyes for a split second before Jungkook cleared his throat. "Thank you, Jimin," Jungkook greeted as he walked over towards the kitchen. Jimin beamed him with a full force smile, glad to just hear his voice after several silent days again. "It's no problem, Jungkook. I made you a plate for dinner too so don't skip out on your meals," Jimin warned sternly as Jungkook plopped into a chair with a sigh of resignation. "Good," Jimin praised with sincerity, placing Jungkook's food in front of him.

Jungkook noticed that Annalise finished her food hastily, and beat an abrupt retreat towards the door with information that she'd be out late. Jungkook raised an eyebrow as he stood to his feet, his food left untouched as Jimin tried to grab his arm. "Where are you going? You haven't even touched your food," Jimin complained angrily, noticing that Jungkook wasn't even listening. "How long has she been going out and staying out late?" Jungkook asked hastily, already realizing this used to be an old habit of his. Jimin was silent as he thought for a moment, tapping his chin in thought. "Maybe a month or so. Why do you ask?" Jimin asked now, wondering why Jungkook was so curious. Jungkook hadn't been curious about her behavior before. In fact, he'd barely acknowledged much of any of the children's behavior after Taehyung's passing.