44- Promise Revealed

Hello, all you lovely people~♡ I hope you are well on this fine day and enjoying BTS's new album.:3 I am currently listening to it and vibing~♡ As I was revising this chapter, which I wrote a few months ago (possibly July or August), it gave me Haunting of Bly Manor vibes from the last episode. I had not watched that until recently, so no, it's not based off that though.🤣😂 I just find it interesting that it reminded me of that scene (to those who haven't watched it yet, I won't spoil which scene I'm referring to.😂🤣). At least Tae's friends will be a little more informed about his life now though.👉👈 He's so secretive in this story.🤣😂 Sorry in advance.😂🤣 Although there isn't anything too triggering in this chapter, still be advised when reading because there is talk of sensitive topics like drugs, death, and cold, hard reality. Without further ado though, please enjoy this next installment~♡♡♡

♡・゚:*。.:*・゚゚・*:.。*:゚・♡

Jimin stirred the next morning, groaning as he stretched his stiff body. He rolled onto his back to sit up, groggily rubbing his eyes as he turned his body towards Taehyung's bed. He tilted his head at the sight in Taehyung's bed, chuckling softly at how blissful they both looked. He pulled his cell phone off of his bedside table and snapped a few pictures of Jungkook holding Taehyung firmly in his arms with Yeontan curled up beside them as they slept. He never realized how peaceful his best friend could look with his back curled into another man, but it brought a gentle smile to his lips.

Jimin silently stood to his feet, locking his phone and placing it back on the bedside table before walking over towards their bathroom. Yeontan's tail twitched slightly with the noise of sudden movement but remained motionless otherwise as Jimin crept past them. He silently closed the bathroom door before completely undressing. He took a quick shower, dressed as quietly as possible, and grabbed his necessary materials before leaving for breakfast.

After grabbing his tray for breakfast, he walked over to where Seokjin, Hoseok, and Yoongi were sitting and plopped down next to Seokjin. "Did you have anything to do with Jungkook's sudden change towards Taehyung?" Jimin asked before peeling his banana and taking a bite. Seokjin laughed softly and shook his head. "What ever do you mean?" Seokjin asked, scratching the back of his head in embarrassment. He knew Jimin was well aware of Jungkook's prior behavior and smiled innocently.

Jimin shook his head before taking another bite of his banana. "You don't understand. He did a complete 180 and I caught them cuddling in Tae's bed this morning," Jimin explained, taking another bite. "I got a few pictures and everything because they were dead ass asleep. This was even after Tae and Jungkook went on a date. So I don't know what you said to Jungkook, but thank you," Jimin expressed, finishing the last of his banana. Jimin's last words caught Seokjin off guard as he glanced at Jimin quickly with wide eyes. "Honestly, there was no need to thank me," Seokjin laughed nervously, pushing his food around on his tray. "I just want Tae to be happy, like you, Minnie."

Jimin shook his head and smiled widely as he turned towards Seokjin. "No, seriously. No matter what I was saying to appease the situation, I couldn't make Taehyung happy because Jungkook was being so stubborn. And while it really hurt to be so helpless towards my best friend, there was nothing that I could say to fix things... You have no idea how much you've truly helped in that situation," Jimin confessed, wrapping Seokjin in a tight hug. He felt terrible that he couldn't help his best friend feel better when he needed it most, but he was glad that someone could help Taehyung.

Seokjin smiled tenderly as he hugged Jimin back, gently patting his back. "All I told Jungkook was that he'll never know how long Taehyung will be around," Seokjin answered, happy to have helped both Jimin and Taehyung. Jimin tensed at Seokjin's words, pulling back from the hug to stare intensely into Seokjin's eyes. "What do you mean by that?" Jimin asked as both Hoseok and Yoongi looked up at Jimin's sudden change in tone. Even Seokjin looked caught off guard as they all stared at Jimin, Seokjin raising his hands in self-defense. "I didn't mean any harm by it," Seokjin started to explain, his voice faltering from Jimin's intense stare. He didn't know those words would strike such a sensitive nerve within Jimin, but he figured that they were really that close as he continued to explain. "I mean, we never know how long anyone has on this earth. I was just trying to make Jungkook understand that," Seokjin added as they all noticed Jimin visibly relax again.