33- I'm Fine

Hello, everyone~♡♡♡ I hope that you all are well~♡♡ It would be great to hear from any of you~♡♡♡ This chapter doesn't have anything particularly triggering, but still be advised when reading.:3 I hope that you all enjoy this chapter~♡♡♡

♡・゚:*。.:*・゚゚・*:.。*:゚・♡

When Taehyung and Jungkook arrived back at the campus gates, the sun had already set behind the horizon, dropping the temperature even further. Taehyung was already wheezing from his ailment mixed with the frigid temperature and Jungkook was starting to shiver involuntarily. Jungkook was trying his best to resist every shiver that raced up his spine, although Taehyung could sense it in the way Jungkook's muscles contracted. "Kookie? Are you sure you're okay?" Taehyung asked softly, his voice laced with concern.

Jungkook cleared his throat as he bobbed his head toward the gate, finally succumbing to a violent tremble. "Yes, I'm fine. Now, can we get inside the damn building?" Jungkook inquired, warning Taehyung that he was freezing without announcing a word about it. They proceeded to walk back towards the school, Taehyung holding Jungkook's hand with both of his own and leaning against his shoulder to warm him. Although Yeontan's fur didn't seem to be keeping him warm on his other side, let alone Taehyung's face.

Jungkook hastily opened the door for them, gently plopping Yeontan on the ground as he shivered violently. Taehyung closed the door behind them before turning towards Jungkook as they walked towards the nurse's office. Taehyung was still supposed to be staying there until he was completely better. As they approached the office door, Taehyung turned toward Jungkook with an apprehensive gaze, both his hands playing with Jungkook's hand. "I think you should see the nurse too... You were outside for so long like that, you're probably freezing," Taehyung commented, worried about Jungkook's health.

"Nope. I'm fine," Jungkook argued, leaning forward and pressing a chaste kiss against Taehyung's lips. Taehyung could feel the ice-cold aura emanating off of Jungkook's body before he turned away from Taehyung and walked leisurely down the hallway. Taehyung stared after him, hoping that Jungkook was okay as he kept insisting before stepping inside the nurse's office. "Where have you been? You weren't supposed to go anywhere," the nurse declared in a severe tone.

Taehyung hunched his shoulders in regret as Yeontan trotted into the room behind him. Taehyung set the bags down on the bed he'd been laying in earlier that day. "I- I went shopping for Yeontan. H- he needed some food and other things," Taehyung explained softly, nervous that he was going to get lectured once more. The nurse sighed heavily as he cast his eyes down at the puppy that trotted happily around the room. "The dog would have been fine without that stuff for one more night," the nurse announced, watching as Taehyung dragged out a bowl and a small packet of puppy food from one of the bags.

"No! I- I don't want to deprive Yeontan of anything," Taehyung exclaimed, yanking open the small packet. He poured the small amount of soft dog food into the bowl and placed it on the ground, calling Yeontan over. The nurse rolled his eyes as he watched the puppy scatter wildly for a second before dashing over towards his food bowl. "Well then, you could have asked me to get that stuff for you so that you could have continued to sleep. You've probably only aggravated your lungs and the illness and made it worse," the nurse remarked, walking closer towards Taehyung to check his temperature. He'd noticed that Taehyung was looking rather flush from the moment he'd arrived.

The nurse held the thermometer out for Taehyung, staring at him hard as Taehyung relinquished and took the thermometer into his mouth. After 30 seconds the nurse pulled the thermometer from Taehyung's mouth and sighed heavily, plucking the bags off the bed Taehyung was previously using. He placed the bags on the ground and motioned for Taehyung to lay down once more, shaking his head. "Great. Now, you've given yourself a fever. You better lay down and rest this time," the nurse commanded as Taehyung curled up on the bed as instructed. He pulled the blankets up over himself, falling asleep before the nurse could even begin to lecture him furthermore.