23- Comprehending Each Other

Hello, everyone!~♡ I hope that you are all doing well on this fine evening~♡ I definitely had too much fun writing this chapter, especially with Jimin and Tae.:3 There is mention of abuse, but that is about all for the trigger warnings. Either way, please be advised when reading, and maybe drop a comment or vote please.:3 Without further ado, here is the next chapter~♡ I hope that you enjoy~♡

♡・゚:*。.:*・゚゚・*:.。*:゚・♡

Jungkook sat on the edge of the bed, facing away from Taehyung with his head in his hands while contemplating his actions. Never before had he lost control of himself like that with a fuck buddy. Maybe Taehyung really was that special to him? He wasn't exactly sure what Taehyung meant to him just yet. He'd have to spend more time with him to figure things out as he glanced over to see Taehyung grab his inhaler off the bedside table.

Taehyung put it to his mouth and took two puffs of air before glancing over at Jungkook, their eyes meeting for a moment before Taehyung glanced away in embarrassment. "Sorry, got a little breathless," Taehyung admitted, laughing slightly as heat crept across his face. Jungkook slid closer to Taehyung, his hand brushing up against Taehyung's ass as he placed his arm on the other side of Taehyung's body. "Tell me a little bit about why you need an inhaler so often," Jungkook voiced, trying to understand Taehyung a little more as Taehyung understood him now. Jungkook needed to understand if he were more attracted to Taehyung than he recognized and insisted he wasn't every time someone asked. Asking questions, he presumed, was the best way to get to know Taehyung. "And why you're so thin and frail?" Jungkook asked, adding to Taehyung's apprehension about answering these questions.

Taehyung looked at Jungkook with pleading eyes, not really wanting to go into detail about his life. "Um, l- let's save that for another day," Taehyung insisted, laughing nervously as he promptly tossed his inhaler behind them. Jungkook glanced back at Taehyung's inhaler before glancing back at Taehyung with questioning eyes. "I can't really ignore something when you need it so often," Jungkook noted, rubbing his hand along Taehyung's outer thigh to try and coax him into talking. "Plus, I'm at least trying to get to know you," Jungkook added, looking straight into Taehyung's eyes as he stated this fact.

Taehyung swallowed hard at those words, wanting to let Jungkook into his world a little more. Although, the promise that he'd made with his father to not tell anyone in exchange for the freedom to decide his own future lingered in the back of his mind. "W- well... When you put it that way, I want to share everything with you. B- but I can only say so much without breaking a promise and pissing... s- someone off, okay?"

Jungkook stared at Taehyung, confused for a moment before he nodded slowly in agreement, wondering what this promise was about. Taehyung took a deep breath before he started to speak. "I've just always had really weak lungs from the day I was born," he divulged, chuckling nervously under Jungkook's intense stare. "Although, I can live with it. While I can't go into too much detail, that does cause me immense pain within my chest at various random times. Sometimes it feels as if my chest is on fire, but my inhaler maintains the pain and renders it more tolerable while assisting me in breathing more regularly," Taehyung explained, earning a soft nod from Jungkook.

Jungkook turned towards Taehyung, eyeing his rather small frame compared to Jungkook's own as he opened his mouth to speak once more. "Okay," he acknowledged softly, trying to let his brain process what Taehyung had just told him. "Is that also why you're so fragile and delicate?" Jungkook asked softly, motioning towards their wrists and the size difference between them. Taehyung froze at that question, knowing that if he told Jungkook the truth, there was a slight possibility that he'd try to fight his father the next time they visited. Although, Taehyung wasn't going to lie to Jungkook this time as he swallowed hard. "That... That's from years of being starved to an extent," Taehyung admitted softly, glancing down at his hands in his lap. "M- My papa used to lock me in my room for days on end if I messed up learning about business and law or somehow tarnished our family reputation," Taehyung added, still not meeting Jungkook's gaze. "He'd tell my mama that he had food sent up to my room so that she wouldn't get suspicious, but it was all a lie. When I was finally fed, my stomach wouldn't be able to handle a whole lot at once and it just kind of became a normal thing. I never informed mama of that though... I felt that as a kid, one interprets everything their parents do towards them is cruel, but in reality, it wasn't always to be cruel but to teach a lesson," Taehyung explained softly, finally meeting Jungkook's intense gaze. He could see the hatred Jungkook harbored for his father as he gripped Taehyung's hand roughly. "Tae, that's abuse! You should have reported him," Jungkook shouted, feeling his temper flare at the treatment Taehyung had endured from his father for years. Now, Jungkook felt even worse for what he'd said towards Taehyung and the way he'd reacted over something so trivial.